Talk

Advanced search

Have Butlins upped their game at all?

(9 Posts)
MarthasHarbour Mon 15-May-17 12:36:26

We are looking for a UK holiday, with 2 small DC's (3 and 8) we need somewhere with some indoor activities in case of crap UK weather!

Basically Butlins ticks all the boxes but i am a bit jittery about it. I googled reviews last night and found that MN thread from 3 yrs ago which i remember reading at the time. The MNer had an awful experience with the state of the chalet and Butlins were pretty crap with their customer service (James from Butlins made an appearance on the thread and sorted it as i remember grin )

But i also read the recent guardian article which said that Butlins has had a Mumsnet makeover in which they took reviews and feedback from MNers.

We are looking at going to Minehead in one of the apartments. The facilities look great and of course the apts look all shiny and new on the website, but what is the reality? Are they still shit?

Genuine Mumsnet reviews welcome smile

TIA

TheBrilloPad Mon 15-May-17 12:45:43

I went last year with my 1 year old and 2 year old to minehead and thought it was fantastic. We did the "just for tots" week and I've never been anywhere with so many activities and opportunities for the kids.

I found all the staff lovely and helpful, everything was clean and well organised. The accommodation was clean and had everything you could need. We were self catering though so I can't say anything about the restaurants/food.

We loved it so much we have booked to go to Butlins Bognor in June!

MarthasHarbour Mon 15-May-17 14:04:59

Thanks Brillo apt username for my main concern about the cleanliness!! wink

skyzumarubble Mon 15-May-17 14:06:44

The we took five year old dts in Feb to bognor. I was nervous but really pleasantly surprised. The kids loved it.

We stayed in the hotel though and had the premium dining. The food isn't Michelin starred or anything but it's perfectly fine. We did 3 nights which was enough.

Going back next year!

sonlypuppyfat Mon 15-May-17 14:08:27

It's been quite a few years sincemy holiday but I never knew I was a snob until I went

SweetDee33 Mon 15-May-17 14:09:34

We went recently and it was great. Really clean, friendly atmosphere, we'd go back.

startingtolooklikemother Mon 15-May-17 14:17:20

We love it!!! Been every year since DS (5) was born. We stay at Bognor in the Wave hotel and instead of doing a summer holiday there we do 4 nights at Christmas. We all love it, one year when the fridge was broken and knackered up my shopping one of the staff went to Waitrose and replaced every item for me! DS has endless activities and we all have the best Christmas ever grin

MrTumblesbitch Mon 15-May-17 14:23:31

I've been to Skegness a few times and have found a vast difference in the accommodation. When it's good, it's brilliant..... when it's bad, it's a bit minging. In terms of kids activities though it's brilliant and we go back as ds thinks it's the best thing ever.

Logolphin Mon 15-May-17 15:01:25

We stayed in a Seaside Apartment in Bognor and it was a really nice apartment. Someone came to clean every day. Didn't really like the rest of Butlins but I think our children were a bit too old for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now