Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs Longleat

(15 Posts)
Dancingelkhound Sun 14-May-17 14:25:12

We're doing a midweek break in June at Longleat Center Parcs, and somehow I completely missed the fact that you can't park next to your lodge.

My original thinking was that we would mainly do days out, and only go swimming once, not doing any other CP activities, so it didn't really matter if we were a 45 minute walk from the hub, so I didn't preselect a lodge.

Now having realised that we have to leave the car in the car park, I can't face a 45 minute walk to and from the car every day with a toddler, nappy bag, pushchair, coats etc. So I'm thinking I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just pay to select a cabin.

Anyone who's been, what lodge numbers would you recommend? I spent longer than I care to think about studying the map yesterday, looking at distances, land train stops, paths etc and have just found myself going in circles, plus I don't know which areas would be noisier.

We're in a 2 bedroom woodland lodge. Will use the swimming pool once, twice at most, and won't be using any of the sports activities.

Any help gratefully received. I'm going to have to ring them to select a lodge so I wanted to have an idea of which numbers were best.

User246810 Sun 14-May-17 14:29:59

Have a look on the site map. I haven't stayed in the woodland lodges but I have a feeling they all tend to be further away from the centre.

If you hire a bike and a trailer it's far easier but you'll be likely to be the wrong side of the board walk of doom. The executive lodges or apartments are closer if there are any free you can upgrade to?

User246810 Sun 14-May-17 14:32:13

We usually stay in the pine area so the centre and village square are about 5 mins cycle, sports area about 10/15 mins.

All areas we've been in are quiet, it's not a noisy rowdy sort of place.

Dancingelkhound Sun 14-May-17 15:14:09

I spent a long time looking at the map last night and didn't really get anywhere. Hence asking for personal experience.

What's the boardwalk of doom?

Violetcharlotte Sun 14-May-17 15:33:44

Hi OP Center Parcs Longleat is lovely, but hard work with little ones. I did it on my own when my two were 5 & 7, youngest still had stabilisers on his bike confused The board walk of doom is a long zig zag path, that takes you down (and obvs up!) steep hills, there are a few of them! You can see these on the site map.

If you plan to be off site most days, I'd suggest going for a lodge as near to the carpark as you can, I'm just looking at the site map now and that's the pink area near to the swimming pool and cycle centre.

However the nicest bit for little ones is probably the beach by the lake so if you want to be on site more I'd look at Oak, but you would have a steep rise up to the village square and the swimming pool.

There is a land train you can use to get round the park if you can't face cycling so that may help, although it is slow.

When I went I had a UTI so had to get off site to a pharmacist, we were staying in Fir so bloody miles away! Riding a bike with a UTI is not something I'd like to ever repeat!!

Violetcharlotte Sun 14-May-17 15:35:49

PS I wouldn't worry about noise mid week outside of school holidays. Center Parcs is very 'naice' and middle class!!

Dancingelkhound Sun 14-May-17 15:43:38

Thank you Violetcharlotte, that's really helpful. Will avoid having to use the zig zag path and look at lodges near the beach. DD loves her sandpit so I'm sure she'd love the beach!

eternalopt Sun 14-May-17 17:44:25

Woodland lodges in pine area is what you want. That's nearest the "Hub". But out of curiosity, why would you pay all that money for cp and not use their facilities? The pool is the main attraction for most.

mcdog Sun 14-May-17 17:50:15

Never been to the longleat CP, but there's really accurate site maps on their website for all parks. If you really aren't interested in swimming, I would get as close to the car park as you can get!! The swimming is brilliant though, and the bit for toddlers is really good at every CP I've been to.

Rachie1986 Sun 14-May-17 17:54:15

Also wondering why you'd pay for cp but not do all the activities etc. I know they cost extra but the accommodation isn't cheap on its own.

Dancingelkhound Sun 14-May-17 18:16:15

We probably will go in the pool one day, but not every day.

I didn't actually think the accommodation was that expensive really but I did think the activities were. Plus DD is too young for most of them.

We have English Heritage and National Trust memberships so visiting those places nearby would be free for us.

Violetcharlotte Sun 14-May-17 18:39:48

Center Parcs isn't too expensive outside of school holidays.

It's right next door to Longleat safari park, which is definitely worth a visit, my kids loved it there when they were little.

Dancingelkhound Sun 14-May-17 18:41:58

Yes I fancied the safari park but it's £33.95 per adult which is extortionate!

Violetcharlotte Sun 14-May-17 18:51:19

Wow - really?? It's been a few year since I went there. It is a good day though, there's a lot there besides the safari park, including a boat trip where you get to feed the seals and see gorillas and a fantastic kids playground.

2014newme Tue 16-May-17 11:18:59

You'd be better just to rent a self catering cottage somewhere. We love centreparcs Longleat but if you aren't going to use the facilities you could be paying more than you need to. (another one baffled why you wouldn't use the brilliant facilities)

Longleat safari park has seen better days to be honest but ok for little kids, it can take 1-2 hours to do the safari drive depending on how busy it is.
There isn't a huge amount in the area apart from that 😯

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now