Dog &a Child friendly caravan sites in Cornwall

(6 Posts)
Cottontail456 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:44:52

Hoping to take our tourer caravan to cornwall either this summer or next. We have 2 children (3 and 5) and a dog. Can anyone recommend any good caravan sites? Ideally close to a beach (I know the dog won't be allowed on the beach). Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Milliways Sat 22-Apr-17 07:17:14

Mother Iveys Bay has a private beach that allows dogs (and barbecues). Lovely site by gets very busy in the main holidays.

JuniperSling Sat 22-Apr-17 20:28:44

We took ours to Holywell Bay (Parkdean site) a few weeks ago. The beach is beautiful and dogs are allowed on all year. Holywell Bay Fun Park is just up the road, there are a couple of nice pubs in walking distance, and Newquay is about a 10 minute drive away.

HemanOrSheRa Sat 22-Apr-17 20:37:37

I've not stayed on this campsite marverholidaypark-cornwall.co.uk/camping/ but I know the area very well. It is very close to a lovely, dog friendly beach. Loads to do in the area too.

mummymeister Sun 23-Apr-17 18:00:48

If you go onto the visitcornwall website they have a brochure called dogs love cornwall and you can find in there a list of the beaches that are dog friendly all year round and also dog friendly places to stay. no universal dog ban on beaches in cornwall.

Cottontail456 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:45:57

Thank you for your replies, I'll take a look at them all! It will likely be next year as it's a long drive for us, but never too early to plan!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in