Talk

Advanced search

Bluestone - Wales

(13 Posts)
2012860363 Sun 16-Apr-17 12:20:58

Has anyone been to Bluestone in Wales? Considering it in July for a 4,3 and 1 year old.
My worry was that there wouldn't be much for the 1 year old, it seems geared towards older children.
Any reviews would be great smile

Wolfiefan Sun 16-Apr-17 12:23:04

We have been a few times and loved it but not for a few years. There was a small soft play area for little kids. They seem to have just done a new play area. The pool has a very shallow bit.

Mrspopper Tue 18-Apr-17 12:51:36

It's brilliant! Great pool, soft play area for little ones and also run seperate activities for little ones.loved bluestone!

Jackiebrambles Tue 18-Apr-17 12:58:34

I love Bluestone! We've been twice, when my kids were under 1 (9 months ish) and 3 and then just recently (they are now 21 months and 4). We also went with our 6 year old nephew - all the kids loved it.

When they are really little they have baby massage/sensory sessions (extra to pay), but also two small soft play areas (indoor - one in main adventure centre with a ball pool and another upstairs in the 'circus zone' - this one is much quieter and lovely. My little one loved it.

Plus the pool is great for little ones.

So its a thumbs up from me. We'll definitely go back for a third time!

CottonSock Tue 18-Apr-17 13:00:08

It's really good for small children

vanrecovered Tue 18-Apr-17 14:28:40

Only been to the pool but it's great for little ones

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 18-Apr-17 14:29:36

It's amazing! We went with a 14 month old and she loved it.

2014newme Tue 18-Apr-17 14:31:58

I'm not a fan, sorry. Lovely area to rent a cottage but bluestone itself has limited things to do. The pool is not a patch on center parcs.

Nearlyadoctor Tue 18-Apr-17 14:51:07

We went the week before last, it was lovely. Mainly all under 10's, lovely play area in the village square, lots for little ones to do.

Nearlyadoctor Tue 18-Apr-17 14:52:15

Also having been to centre parks numerous times we far preferred Bluestone pool and it was much warmer.

CleverQuacks Tue 18-Apr-17 14:56:02

I have been once and really didn't like it. It's very expensive with not much to do.

usernotfound0000 Fri 21-Apr-17 11:50:46

We've just been with our 2 year old and it was fab! It chucked it down all week but didn't matter, there was loads to do indoors, the pool is fab for small ones, there's 2 shallow pools specifically for little ones and then a shallow bit in the main pool. There's also a massive indoor play area that is free, a lovely park. If the weather is nice, there are tonnes of beaches nearby and a lovely farm/zoo (Folly Farm). Can't recommend it ebnough.

Keepkondoing Fri 21-Apr-17 11:54:37

We went a few years ago, it was lovely but not loads to do, although I think they have added more since. Check the pool regulations as I remember going when pregnant with dc3 and thinking we wouldn't be able to all get in the pool as the ratio was 1 adult per child under 4 or 5, it may have changed but it would be awful to get there and not be able to use the pool.
We also went out of season and the pool is not huge, I would imagine at peak season it would be far too busy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now