Talk

Advanced search

Any nice holiday parks in South Devon that aren't noisy in the evenings?!

(5 Posts)
PorridgeAgainAbney Wed 12-Apr-17 20:28:08

Hi. Can anyone recommend a holiday/caravan park type resort in South Devon? We'll be going with a 4 year old so I'm happy for it to have entertainment aimed at kids (although we'll spend most of our time out in the countryside or visiting relatives) but I wouldn't want to go somewhere that's likely to have loud music/loads of noise in the evenings.

Am I being crazy for thinking that quiet holiday parks exist?

CheesyChristie Wed 12-Apr-17 20:34:06

Will you be camping/ caravanning or staying in a static caravan?

I used to work at Beverley Park (static caravans) in Goodrington and although they have a clubhouse with entertainment you couldn't hear it from outside.

If you're camping or caravanning look at Woodlands near Dartmouth or River Dart Country Park - no entertainment in the evenings and River Dart particularly is always quiet at night. Or you can camp in my back garden if you fancy grin

PorridgeAgainAbney Wed 12-Apr-17 21:29:32

Ha ha, after looking at the finances your garden might be our only option grin.

We'd be looking to stay in a caravan (one that's already there - we don't have one!) I'll have a look at the two you've suggested. Thanks smile

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Wed 12-Apr-17 21:58:20

We've just come back from Hawkchurch holiday park. Really really lovely and very quiet. Not much for small people though. There is a nice place at Monkton Wyld and also at Charmouth.

PorridgeAgainAbney Thu 13-Apr-17 19:55:51

Thanks Flying - I'll take a look at that park as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now