Talk

Advanced search

Newcastle Hotel?

(21 Posts)
cocodidit1 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:30:25

I am hopefully going to Newcastle for a weekend this summer. Was wondering if anyone had a good hotel suggestion? I can't afford expensive so just looking for clean and comfy really.

MaisyPops Tue 11-Apr-17 16:31:15

Holiday inn in jesmond is good. Clean and nice but not too expensive.

PotteringAlong Tue 11-Apr-17 16:32:36

You can usually get good deals st the jury's inn hotel on the quayside

FaFoutis Tue 11-Apr-17 16:33:22

I just stayed in the Premier Inn on the Quayside. It was clean, safe and friendly. It is in a lovely location too, and £30 for the night.

cocodidit1 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:33:29

I was looking at jurys but got confused as there seems to be two?

cocodidit1 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:34:16

Is quayside lively? I need a bit of liveliness so i don't just go and sleep

RitzyMcFee Tue 11-Apr-17 16:40:10

It's lively alright.

It's a great place to stay. Plenty going on, next to the river (obviously!) and handy for the shops.

cocodidit1 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:48:29

great I will focus on that area so!
Thanks for the help

PotteringAlong Tue 11-Apr-17 19:53:58

Definitely stay on the quayside then! There's a great market there on a Sunday morning and the quayside seaside will be there too (a beach with beach huts and sand and deckchairs!)

birdsdestiny Tue 11-Apr-17 19:56:11

If you mean lively at night, I don't actually think the quayside is that lively anymore. It used to be.

glumbumm Tue 11-Apr-17 20:00:29

Have you looked at Airbnb?

NewYearNewLife53 Fri 21-Apr-17 07:22:06

What's your budget OP. I'd stay more central if I were you. It's all within 10-15 mins walk anyway. HotelOne has newish, clean but small rooms. Jury's Inn (either is fine but the one across the bridge is in Gateshead -walkable to quayside but quieter than what you want). The Bigg Market is where it all happens on a Fri/Sat night if you want your eyes opened. Walkable from quayside or central hotel. Copthorne Hotel would be too quiet for you (conferency).

2014newme Fri 21-Apr-17 10:33:14

Premier Inn quayside

dailymailarecunts Fri 21-Apr-17 10:39:26

I always stay hotel indigo which is gorgeous (rooms between £79-120) or premier inn central is cheaper but a bit further out. Sleeperz and sandman also central. Hotel on grey street might be good too as it's just been renovated and they are putting a spa in.

Enjoy!

Eatingcheeseontoast Fri 21-Apr-17 10:47:20

We stayed in the Jury's Inn on the Quayside on a weekend and it was carnage - I couldn't believe the bar - couples practically shagging in the corridors, complete pissheads wandering the Corridors at night banging on random doors.

We complained and they moved us the next night to the top floor (the quiet floor) and it was like a different hotel - lovely.

But there's no way I'd stay there again.

I've stayed in the Malmaison - very dark but nice and close to all the liveliness. And Premier Inn on the Quayside and up by the Baltic - the Quayside one was fab.

Eggsbutnobacon Fri 21-Apr-17 11:23:50

The Jury's Inn ( the Newcastle one) is used by a lot of stag parties at weekends. Enough said!

MrsJayy Fri 21-Apr-17 11:29:01

Hotelone is lovely very chilled and a bit back from the busy but near enough we stayed there last year overnight and i wish we stayed another night and the breakfast was continental but lovely.

cocodidit1 Sun 23-Apr-17 16:33:13

mmm, i don't really wanna see the shagging.....
ok I will avoid Jurys Inn so. My budget is around the 85 quid a night
Thanks to all!

birdsdestiny Sun 23-Apr-17 20:31:19

If you don't want to see the shagging, definitely don't go out in the Bigg Market.

LonelyCooler Sun 23-Apr-17 20:45:46

Stayed at the 91 Aparthotel Jesmond Road before and it was lovely smile

cocodidit1 Tue 01-Aug-17 20:25:11

Just to update, we ended up staying in Hampton by hilton beside the central station cos we got a good deal for three nights. It was lovely and very good location wise. I drank a hell of a lot of vodka and got some lie ins..... It was bliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now