Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of a fab caravan site in Devon on the beach?

(12 Posts)
maisybobbins Thu 06-Apr-17 12:21:57

I'm trying to research beautiful caravan parks in Devon but trillions just came up on google so I thought I'd start by asking you guys!

We are looking for a park where we can rent a lovely caravan/lodge and be on the beach. Facilities for DC age 4 and 8 such as playground and swimming pool and bike tracks would be a bonus. Facilities for us such as pub would also be a bonus.

PooFlower Thu 06-Apr-17 12:25:29

Ruda holiday park at Croyde bay is gorgeous, right next to the beach, pub on site and others within walking distance.

AnitaPallenbergsKnees Thu 06-Apr-17 12:26:18

Ladram Bay is beautiful.

Autumnchill Thu 06-Apr-17 12:27:45

Pooflower beat me to it. Another vote for Ruda

spababe Thu 06-Apr-17 15:43:45

Ladram has great facilities and it's on the cliff with a slope down to the beach. Lots to do in the area. If you want to be right on the beach itself (hope the cliff above you stays there!) look at Branscombe. Just beach, shop, pub, cafe nothing else though.

rainbowthunder Thu 06-Apr-17 17:17:18

Before we started going to France we used to go to Devon and I can second that Ladram Bay is lovely and there's lots to do on site also.

We've just booked a caravan for our France holiday using [[www.mobilehomes4u.co.uk ]] and I notice they have some caravans for Ladram Bay. It's cheaper booking with owners than through the holiday park.

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies Thu 06-Apr-17 17:20:06

Saunton Sands - lovely lodges in the sand dunes behind the beach. And the beach is beautiful and v. child friendly (unlike Croyde, which although also stunning has some nasty currents).

Bambambini Thu 06-Apr-17 17:22:19

I spent a lovely few days with kids here a good few years ago.

www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/devon-holidays/challaborough-bay/challaborough-bay-holiday-park.htm

rainbowthunder Thu 06-Apr-17 21:19:50

Sorry my link above didn't work should be www.mobilehomes4u.co.uk

maisybobbins Thu 06-Apr-17 22:16:10

Thanks to all of you - I now know where to focus my search - On the sites you ladies have recommended. Was just bewildered by choice earlier and wanted to give up before I'd started!

ArtfulPuss Thu 13-Apr-17 22:02:34

If you haven't already found somewhere and are interested in staying right on the beach, we own one of the beach chalets in Branscombe - literally a few steps from the shingle! It sleeps 5 and we've just finished renovating it, brand new kitchen + bathroom, etc. There's not much in Branscombe (that's part of the charm) but there are two good pubs, both serving food, plus the Sea Shanty Beach Cafe. For kids there's rock pooling, den building, kite flying... the National Trust often organise children's activities between now and September, and there's loads to do in the local area for 4-8 year-olds! Pecorama in Beer, Donkey Sanctuary, Seaton Jurassic, fossil hunting in Charmouth (a little further afield), Seaton tramway, swimming pools in Sidmouth and Axminster. PM me if you'd like details of the chalet!

maisybobbins Fri 14-Apr-17 08:59:17

Ooooh thanks Puss. I'm still dithering so will check out Branscombe. Chalet on the beach sounds wonderful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now