Talk

Advanced search

Summer holiday in U.K. - help needed

(3 Posts)
Greydiddi Thu 06-Apr-17 11:10:31

Posted by mistake in chat but reposting here just incase! Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Hi everyone

Due to family circumstances have had to cancel our planned summer holiday (sad and for once I'd even been organised and booked!).

Anyway will now be having a week near Berwick ( Northumberland). Looking for somewhere to stay for a further week - preferably somewhere vaguely en route back to London - although don't mind travelling off route within reason but needs to be heading south. Two children 5.5 and 3. Looking for something self catering/farm stay with activities near by (they are more into farm visits/wildlife parks/train etc than rides). I was thinking maybe somewhere in Yorkshire or perhaps even travelling off route to Norfolk/Suffolk.

Any help very welcome ( partic any ideas of places to stay, although can see a lot are already booked).

LaGattaNera Thu 06-Apr-17 19:42:51

We have stayed in Stanhope Norfolk lots of nice beaches within easy drive plus wildlife sanctuary and seaworld nearby plus stayed near Bedale in North Yorks various wildlife places including great birds of prey place in Snape although not near beach but nice train ride on old train to Whitby (seaside) think it went from Pickering which is easy drive from Bedale. Leisure centre at Bedale with pool. Don't have kids myself but from recollection both places had kids' type activities within easy reach.

Greydiddi Thu 06-Apr-17 20:16:01

Thanks lagattanera

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now