Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a Lodge with Hot-Tub and things to do on site please

(19 Posts)
Chasingsquirrels Sun 02-Apr-17 12:09:05

Also posted in Chat for traffic

I'm looking at taking my boys (14 & 11) away for a few days on Mon 10th April - so a 4 night midweek booking.

All rather last minute, my DH (their step-dad) died last week, the funeral is on Friday and I just want to do something afterwards. My mum will be coming with us.

We stayed in a lodge on Winchester Golf course last October half term for a couple of nights and the boys just loved the hot tub. It was lovely but nothing to actually do on the site, only about 15 lodges - which was okay as DH couldn't do much. I think I want something the boys can lose themselves in.
Maybe a pool, maybe activities. Won't take bikes.
We live near Cambridge - don't really want to drive more than 3-4 hours, would prefer less. But don't want too close - want to feel we have gone away and if we want a day out we have different places to visit.

Any suggestions??

Thanks smile

No1HolidayPlanner Sun 02-Apr-17 15:29:22

We stayed in Cheddar Woods last year and loved it.. It's in Cheddar, Somerset.. Lodges are lovely and some have hot tubs😊. Indoor pool is lovely and wasn't busy.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Sun 02-Apr-17 16:38:08

I'm sorry for your loss flowers. We stayed in Darwin Forest in the Peak District last year, there is a pool, a small crazy golf and various activities plus plenty to do in the area. There's a soft play but it's definitely only for younger children, and a pub type restsurant on site.

Chasingsquirrels Sun 02-Apr-17 17:38:23

Thanks both.
Cheddar Woods is the one I'd been looking and but hoping for something closer. But good to get another recommendations for it.
Darwin Forest looks good but no availability.

WonderMike Sun 02-Apr-17 18:34:43

Tapnell Farm on the IOW has two cabins with hot tubs - and possibly a tent - but not sure re availability.

Bedsheets4knickers Sun 02-Apr-17 21:16:17

Shorefield holiday parks , New Forrest . Lovely lodges with hot tubs

Bedsheets4knickers Sun 02-Apr-17 21:17:37

I think sandyballs in the New Forrest have just built new lodges with hot tubs

applespearsbears Sun 02-Apr-17 21:23:50

I'm sorry for your loss. Not too helpful but we are going to Sandy balls (I kid you not) in the New Forest and I think they have them as do Center Parcs if there is one near you?

Libitina Sun 02-Apr-17 21:25:48

Look at Hoseasons. We've stayed in Lancashire, Cornwall and Dorset, but choose the non child friendly ones. They do more active sites and stuff to keep kids entertained though.

Libitina Sun 02-Apr-17 21:26:25

Oh,and I'm sorry for your loss OP. flowers

Ankleswingers Sun 02-Apr-17 21:28:10

Sorry for your loss op.flowers

I second Sandy Balls. ( I smile every time I say the name grin).

It's a great place and the surrounding area is lovely too.

leccybill Sun 02-Apr-17 21:29:24

I was going to say Cheddar Woods too. We've been three times. Go Active programme on site, pool table and bowling. Fun walks up the Gorge and cheap and cheerful stuff at Weston-super-Mare.

I'm sorry for your loss flowers

Chasingsquirrels Sun 02-Apr-17 21:32:38

Shorefield & Sandy Balls no availability - but thanks.
Centreparcs was £1699 for 4 days shock but no availability now anyway.
I found the Cheddar Woods one on Hoseasons before I posted this and liked the look of it but at the limit of what I want to drive hence my thread. I'll have another trawl through the Hoseasons site and if nothing catches my eye I'll go for Cheddar Woods.
Thanks all

DorotheaHomeAlone Sun 02-Apr-17 21:40:24

Forest holidays? A few sites with varying degrees of stuff for older kids. Lovely cabins all with hot tubs. I'm sorry for your loss. flowers

Chattymummyhere Mon 03-Apr-17 11:24:33

You could try contacting park dean I believe a few of the sites have hot tubs.

Chasingsquirrels Mon 03-Apr-17 17:00:53

Thanks everyone, I've booked Cheddar Woods now.

No1HolidayPlanner Mon 03-Apr-17 17:50:22

Enjoysmile

leccybill Mon 03-Apr-17 18:04:14

Hope you have a nice relaxing time.

Little tip - in Cheddar village itself (5 mins by car), there's a great foodie pub called the Bath Arms with an old fashioned wooden skittles alley. I think your boys will like that.

Chasingsquirrels Mon 03-Apr-17 21:33:55

Oh sounds good - thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now