Talk

Advanced search

Mini UK break on a budget easter hols - suggestions (need somewhere accessible due to back issues)

(7 Posts)
newjob2016 Sat 01-Apr-17 11:02:04

Hello. we desperately need a little break away. I have yet again had back issues and been in agony for what seems like months - but am now starting to feel a bit better. We are planning on going just after the easter weekend.

We could just do with having a few days away in a cottage/apartment/lodge and preferably within driving distance of the coast.

anywhere in UK would be ok (well maybe not the top of scotland or lands end).

Requirements - some sites of interest to visit (historic houses etc) - maybe near a small city (but not essential). The big requirment is - decent walks - but low level - my back is not up to hill walking - but give me a canal or low level walk and I can do a good couple of hours. we really need a relaxing break with fresh air, walks and decent places to eat.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

marilynmonroe Sat 01-Apr-17 13:15:43

this is what we are looking for too - any suggestions anyone?

iklboo Sat 01-Apr-17 13:58:24

Norfolk is pretty flat, lots of nice places to visit, seaside (Yarmouth etc).

user1484603141 Sat 01-Apr-17 14:04:41

Have family in Norwich, and we go down every year, staying Hunstanton, a smallish town but with plenty shops and Heacham pub and takeaway. Both are right on the beach. Lots of walks, and little towns and villages. Fantastic deli at Cley for picnic food, North Norfolk is the only place on the east coast to view the sunset. Also the is a coast road bus that goes all round the north coast in case you need it and a train running down the coast.
You can tell I love it.

iklboo Sat 01-Apr-17 17:34:27

I love Norfolk. Not been for a few years now but seriously thinking about it for next year. Either a Broads boat or maybe a houseboat (courting years with DH) or cottage so we've got the freedom for days out. DS will be 12 so there's got to be stuff to do.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Sat 01-Apr-17 17:43:19

If you're willing to sacrifice the coast then there are bargains to be had in rural Shropshire/Herefordshire/Warwickshire/Worcestershire - nice walks and lots to do.

This is what Sykes have got in "Heart of England"
www.sykescottages.co.uk/search.html?country_id=1®ion_id=5&area_id=Heart+of+England&location=&location_long=&locationdist=10&num_sleeps=4&pets=-1&start=08%2F04%2F2017&duration=7&fuzziness=3

newjob2016 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:31:45

Thanks for all the suggestions - sorry for late reply.

We head to Norfolk on Tuesday - to Hunstanton. Will report back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now