Lala241280 Thu 30-Mar-17 23:26:34

Just booked a caravan for a 4 day break to Windermere
Looking for advice on where to go / things to do for two active kids

Wetoopere Fri 31-Mar-17 06:25:38

How old are the children?

Wetoopere Fri 31-Mar-17 06:25:59

How old are the children?

Flowersinyourhair Fri 31-Mar-17 06:29:49

Loads to do in the Lakes for active kids. One example is Brockhole just outside Windermere has a Go Ape type thing, big playground and a 'sky nets' thing through the trees. It backs directly onto the lake and you can get a ferry across to the other side from there.

Whisky2014 Fri 31-Mar-17 06:31:39

Beatrix potter house. Boat ride on lake. Theres a small village nearby that has a tiny little shop making amazing gingerbread. Also there are slate mine tours not far away

Saucery Fri 31-Mar-17 06:32:25

Wray Castle is good for a wander round and there are grounds to explore plus the side of the Lake. Depending on the age of your DC you could hire bikes at Grizedale Forest, or just choose one of the trails there to walk.

Fluffywallow Fri 31-Mar-17 06:34:37

Loads to do - we spent a week there with our 2yr old DD last November. Depending on their age there's the Beatrix potter experience, the Lakeside aquarium, the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway which is a steam train ride along the shore, loads of walks and I'm sure much much more! It's a beautiful part of the world.

Only thing I'd say is the distances can take longer to drive than expected so don't be overly ambitious!

Deliaskis Fri 31-Mar-17 16:17:37

Loads to do, but would definitely second Brockhole, it's ace.

General word of warning, watch the car parks, they have those things where they just take your reg and you have to log on and pay online later or something. We didn't get caught out, but I seem to remember it made me nervous on a couple of occasions!

Flowersinyourhair Fri 31-Mar-17 22:55:47

At Brockhole you pay at the machine but it knows through magic how long you've been there.

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 01-Apr-17 02:37:53

Grizedale does that too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now