Talk

Advanced search

Centreparcs - should we pay extra for the "new" woodland?

(5 Posts)
happylittlevegemites Thu 30-Mar-17 12:00:00

Finally we have the dates for our holiday and can book something!

We're planning to go to Centre Parcs (just after something very EASY after the year we've had!) and will probably book a 2 bed Woodland Lodge at Elveden.

Has anyone been there lately? Is it worth paying the extra £200 odd for a newly refurbished lodge? We're in disagreement about this at our house :D

Thanks!

mrsmortis Fri 31-Mar-17 10:57:58

We went in Jan and were in the new because there were a lot of us and it was the only place we could get the 5 chalets in a row that we needed. There isn't that much of a difference between the old and the new. I wouldn't bother to pay the difference.

triplets Thu 13-Apr-17 21:50:03

We were at Elvedon a month ago staying in a 3 bed executive, we were talking to the housekeeping staff and I said how lovely our lodge was so the recently refurbs must be amazing. She said no, the only diff is slightly diff décor or colour of the soft furnishings and in her opinion its def not worth paying the extra. x

teabag20048 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:22:42

We stayed last year in a new woodland lodge, we paid the extra after an awful run down woodland lodge the year before, worn down sofa, awful smell in bedroom from stained carpets, etc., (We did complain) the new woodland lodge was much better although set out the same it was clean and fresh. The lodges get a lot of people through them, cleanliness is only as good as how the maid has cleaned it, so there is no guarantees.

soapboxqueen Fri 14-Apr-17 18:00:02

Meh. I probably wouldn't. Some of the original style look dated. Though not unclean or broken iyswim.

I'd pay more for location rather than decor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now