Talk

Advanced search

Eating and drinking in and around Shoreditch/Islington

(3 Posts)
sighbynight Mon 13-Mar-17 12:01:09

Not at all sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes. Myself and some friends - six of us in total - are meeting up from all parts of the country for a weekend in London. We are staying in a nice hotel near Old St station but I wondered where would be good for eating and drinking. We like a little drink. Now, part of the appeal of the Shoreditch area is that is very hip, obviously. We are in our mid 40s and, whilst we aren't total old gimmers, we are well passed the bright young things stage.
Can anyone recommend places for eating and drinking that wouldn't make us feel too awful? Just semi friendly places where we won't get tutted at. We like all kinds of food. And one of the advantages of our advanced years is that we are totally ok for budget. grin

starlight36 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:40:06

I recently had a great meal in Brindisa in Shoreditch. Wonderful tapas and a good wine list. Waiters were quite 'trendy' but a real mix in ages of diners.

Clickncollect Tue 11-Apr-17 21:50:17

Hoxton Bar and Grill at the Hoxton Hotel is decent as is Rivington Grill. Beach Blanket Babylon do fab cocktails.
Drunken Monkey do nice Asian food and Pizza East aswell for a more casual lunch.
I'm around the 40 mark and Shoreditch is one of my preferred places to go out in London.
Hope you have a great time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now