Talk

Advanced search

Holiday let in or around Perranporth, Cornwall

(8 Posts)
KittyConCarne Sat 11-Mar-17 10:12:00

Hoping to get away these summer holidays for a break in Cornwall with DP and 4DDs (17, 15, 6 & 1). Left it quite late as was unsure of how tight finances would be after extended maternity leave, but hoping I can still find something!

We've previously stayed many times at Haven Perran Sands in May/ June, and loved it for the beautiful beach and proximity to Newquay/ Minack/ Flambards etc, but the £1.5k price tag for a week in a 2 or 3bed caravan is over our budget this year.

Does anyone please have any recommendations for a cheaper static caravan park (not fussed on evening entertainment etc as we just use it as a base to explore from), or a private house/ cottage let, or any tips on getting a bargain or deal at the Haven site?

Thank you smile

mummymeister Sat 11-Mar-17 20:09:34

We stay HERE when we go to cornwall. its not that near to perranporth but on the south coast. just looked at the website as trying to book a short break and they have a 3 bedroom cottage free from the 11th august below your budget. they have a swimming pool and games barn plus farm animals. might be what you are looking for. if not have a look on lastminute-cottages website. they are pretty good at last minute deals as well.

KittyConCarne Sat 11-Mar-17 22:18:48

Thanks for replying mummy!
Unfortunately I can't access your link via my tablet (think DP has overdone the anti-virus so it now gets scared of anything grrr!)- the pool and animals does sound great though!
Can you please let me know the name of the site so I can take a look via Google?

And good idea about lastminutecottages- I'll try that too, as the owners direct site seems pretty booked up so far. Thank you!

mummymeister Sun 12-Mar-17 14:08:13

Hi Kitty the place is called Wringworthy cottages and their website is www.wringworthy.co.uk

Hope that they have a space for you as it is a lovely part of the world.

TheSconeOfStone Sun 12-Mar-17 20:15:25

Holywell Bay between Perranporth Porth and Newquay is a beautiful NT beach with a Parkdean holiday park. We've camped nearby so no first hand experience but friends have stayed and I've heard no bad things. I've just looked and in August you can get a caravan for under £1,000 per week.

pinkkoala Fri 17-Mar-17 09:38:07

We go to perranporth a lot and we use duchy holidays, they are based in perranporth and have some nice properties, we used brea house last year and have booked it for next year too.
Website is duchy holidays.
have a lovely time.

KittyConCarne Fri 17-Mar-17 22:50:16

Thank you for the ideas!
Wringworthy cottages do look lovely- will be researching surrounding area as we haven't tried that side of Cornwall before.
Holywell Bay also looks good- some good reviews and it is indeed a fair bit cheaper than the haven site.

And i have just spent an hour ogling the Perranporth properties on the Duchy holidays website- they're amazing!
I absolutely love Brea house- it looks beautiful, and would be just the right property to fit us all in with room to spare for once!
Unfortunately looks like that one is fully booked for this summer, but will have to try for next year (although i really want to put my details down for any summer cancellations now!).
Thank you smile

sleepykidsplease Mon 20-Mar-17 14:48:58

Hi, sorry for hijacking your thread! We are going to Haven next week with a 3 year old and 17 month old! Any must do's you suggest? We normally do centre parcs etc so not used to having to actually think of things to entertain the kids with for a week away!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now