Talk

Advanced search

Relationship over... need a girly holiday!

(11 Posts)
Doglikeafox Wed 08-Mar-17 17:40:48

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately my relationship broke down over the weekend and I am absolutely devastated. It was all a very big shock and I feel a bit like all my future plans have flown out of the window.
The first plans to dissipate were those I made for April half term to redecorate the house with OH. Now I will just have a week off to myself, I'd really like to go away with my sisters for a few days, but have no idea where to start.
There are a few things to consider:
-my younger sister is only 16
-we are looking for something quite low budget, ideally around £600 for the three of us.
-my younger sister would really like something where she can pay extra to be pampered, spa etc
-I'd really like to do something that will help clear my mind, and inspire me to move on e.g. A lovely experience (whale watching?)
-I do have a dog I would love to bring with me, but this isn't essential as my mum has offered to have him
-ideally 3-4 days or a weekend rather than a full week
-not centre parcs as I have a lot of memories there with OH.
-there will be 3 of us
Would anyone be able to suggest anywhere? I know it's a big ask... but I am feeling a bit desperate to get some official plans so I have something to look forward to.
Thank you smile

finnmcool Wed 08-Mar-17 17:44:22

I have no suggestions of where you could go. Just wanted to give you flowers and say I'm sorry you're going through this.
Take it a day at a time, and keep your chin up.
Take care.

PotteringAlong Wed 08-Mar-17 17:44:37

Where abouts do you want to go? Or where are you starting from and how far are you prepared to travel?

Doglikeafox Wed 08-Mar-17 17:47:55

Thank you. I am doing much better than I thought I would be.
I am in the northwest. We would consider anywhere in England/ Scotland really.

PotteringAlong Wed 08-Mar-17 18:00:22

How about Newcastle? Could stop at the Hilton Gateshead which is right opposite the tyne bridge and has a spa (and often has deals on so not too expensive) for your younger sister. Lots to do - shopping, cinemas, get the metro out to the coast? Durham for the day (7 mins by train from Newcastle)?

PotteringAlong Wed 08-Mar-17 18:01:56

Do you like cooking? How about going to one of the good food shows?

www.bbcgoodfoodshow.com

redfacedkillme Wed 08-Mar-17 18:04:29

Devon?

Laska5772 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:13:46

Theres not many whales , but Edinburgh is a brilliant fun city to visit and explore

this looks great and fantastic reviews on trip advisor

Laska5772 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:19:33

and so sorry , a week/end away is a great idea,
When we went to Edinburgh for a city break we stayed here .It was lovely ..

thetreesarebare Wed 08-Mar-17 18:22:07

I second Edinburgh. Something for everyone. You can usually get good deals on the Apex hotels in the Grassmarket. Bit of a trek but Hilton in Colymbridge at Aviemore is lovely. You can go up to the top of the ski slopes without actually having to ski. It's invigorating & good fun on the wee train going up. Some outstanding scenery all around.

Doglikeafox Thu 09-Mar-17 18:33:48

Thank you everyone, those are some lovely ideas.
My sister is actually hoping to visit a friend in Edinburgh soon, so that could tie in really nicely.
The BBC shows sound fab too, especially the baking ones grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: