Anyone been to sherwood forest center parcs recently(5 Posts)
Hi can someone reassure, going next week with two dc, been stalking trip advisor and getting lots of stories such as
- pool overcrowded and changing areas hellish
- restaurants very poor food and service
- lots of construction traffic where they are building new lodges
- spa partly closed for refurbishment and although open charging full whack for a very un relaxing experience
- generally very overcrowded and in need of updating
Many of these were during recent half term which might have been even more manic than usual, not sure.
Went to a different cp last year (whinfell) which I broadly liked, so know what to generally expect but now wondering if it's going to be a massive disappointment. Thanks! Kids are very excited, me not so much.
Yes we went last month and have been to this on every year - to answer your questions:
- pool overcrowded and changing areas hellish - Go off peak around lunchtime most people go first thing in the morning or after lunch, pool area def get's less crowded around lunchtime when people go back to their villas. When the waves come on it gets really busy. Also we put our costumes on under our clothes so very quick to change when you get there also when you get in, walk right down to the bottom to the changing rooms there, people always seem to walk in a scramble for the first few changing rooms.
- restaurants very poor food and service - Hucks was the worst this time for food, pool bar for ££££ but the Country Club won hands down for poor service...2 bar staff on with a que of 20 people. Best service, polite staff and decent food was the Sports Bar and the new Italian was superb - the kids menu in the Italian was great and they can choose from the Ice Cream Wagon for desert.
- lots of construction traffic where they are building new lodges - nope didnt see or hear any
- spa partly closed for refurbishment and although open charging full whack for a very un relaxing experience - Yes I was going to do the spa but read about how prices are still the same, so gave it a miss. I just went in the jacuzzis and relaxed
- generally very overcrowded and in need of updating - Much better than 2 years ago alot has been updated. The refurbished villas are now a bit shabby, and they now have re-furbed refurbished ones if that makes sense - What I do is look inside the villa if Im not happy dont unpack and go to guest services asked to be moved always very accommodating if you ask politely. If they are full and cant move you ask for vouchers to make up for the disappointment, we've done this and paid for a meal out
Thanks so much that is really useful and reassuring x
All I know is my dsis goes 4-5 times a year and if it was awful in anyway I can assure you she would stop going
4-5 times a year! Wow that's amazingly keen
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.