Talk

Advanced search

Baby friendly self catering accommodation

(9 Posts)
ArialAnna Sun 05-Mar-17 23:37:44

Hi

What websites would you recommend to find baby friendly and short stay (under a week) self catering accommodation in the UK? This time I'm specifically looking for somewhere in Dorset over Easter, but interested generally as think we'll be self catering a lot more now we have the LO!

Thanks

Rachel

babyunicornvomit Sun 05-Mar-17 23:48:48

Have you tried Airbnb? Reasonably cheap for some areas and lovely apartments/houses and some cool retro yurts, huts and slightly weirder stuff!

WinnieFosterTether Sun 05-Mar-17 23:51:18

I've used AirBnB and TripAdvisor.

ArialAnna Mon 06-Mar-17 07:59:48

Thanks, I'd already been looking on Airbnb and there wasn't much in the area we wanted to go, but maybe I need to broaden it a bit. I didn't think to try Trip advisor - will check that out!

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Mon 06-Mar-17 08:05:20

There's one called Baby Friendly Boltholes I've used before, they have everything you need so you don't need to cart loads of stuff with you.

mummymeister Mon 06-Mar-17 09:21:52

I think if you are looking in school Easter holidays for this year then a lot of accommodation will already be gone. if you can change your dates to be outside of school holidays then there will be loads of choice out there. also because its school holidays most places have a one week minimum stay (because they can) you might find a hotel or b and b to do a short stay but self catering is going to be difficult.

HiDBandSIL Mon 06-Mar-17 10:25:05

How about a caravan park [ducks]? We've discovered the benefits of them since having children. Ruda in Devon. Freshwater Bay in Dorset.

HiDBandSIL Mon 06-Mar-17 10:25:43

Center Parcs
National Trust cottages
Landmark Trust cottages

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 06-Mar-17 10:27:26

We took DS on his first caravan park holiday at 8 months, it was great because we had our privacy but had the convenience of a beach on the doorstep and a shop on site. West Bay (where they filmed Broadchurch) is really nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now