Talk

Advanced search

Hotel for one with a bath

(10 Posts)
Dashper Fri 03-Mar-17 07:43:32

I'm looking for a hotel to stay in by myself for a couple of nights, with a bath rather than a shower. Central-ish England/London is best.

NapQueen Fri 03-Mar-17 07:44:37

Most Marriotts have baths (with showers either over or separate as well)

Ifailed Fri 03-Mar-17 07:47:17

Central England / London covers quite an area, probably 1000s of hotels in it. Can you be a bit more specific about location? Where are travelling from?

Dashper Fri 03-Mar-17 10:23:29

Within an hour of Peterborough on the train, so Leicester, Cambridge, Nottingham, London at furthest probably.
I normally stay in hostels and go walking for my trips alone but I was in a Travellodge by myself last weekend for a friend's party and god it was nice. So I want to lounge a bit without the need for a spa.

VeryPunny Fri 03-Mar-17 10:26:31

Regent Hotel, Cambridge has rooms with baths - you might need to specify you want a bath though.

SloanePeterson Fri 03-Mar-17 10:28:11

What's your budget? Tbh I've been impressed with all premier inns we've stayed in. You can request a room with a bath. We stayed in a v posh hotel in London last night and tbh it was no better than a budget chain, was very old and creaky! If you can go midweek your money will go much further x we're the same location as you and have found London much better value than Cambridge. I'm very jealous of your plans it sounds lovely!

AQuietMind Fri 03-Mar-17 10:28:24

I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel without a bath, I thought they were standard?

FinallyHere Fri 03-Mar-17 10:46:48

Another vote for permier inns. Reliably clean, pleasant staff and things work.

Dashper Fri 03-Mar-17 14:39:14

Looks like I'm finding a Premier Inn then grin .
In my limited experience, hotels and B&Bs just have showers. A bath is important for the getting away from 3yo and DH (both of whom I love dearly, obviously) and luxuriating in alone time vibe.

Dashper Fri 03-Mar-17 14:41:29

And I agree about Cambridge now you mention it SloanePeterson. It's always so hectic too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now