Talk

Advanced search

UK hotel that's good for 9 month old baby - recommendations?

(9 Posts)
ManoloChooBoutin Mon 27-Feb-17 21:12:38

DH and I are looking to go away for a few days with our 9 month old baby. Before we had him we used to have lovely holidays in lovely hotels. We've not been away just the 3 of us before so looking for somewhere that will be very relaxing for us - great rooms, great food etc - but importantly also very child friendly. Location not too much of a big deal.

Thanks for your recommendations!

welshweasel Mon 27-Feb-17 21:15:06

www.luxuryfamilyhotels.co.uk

welshweasel Mon 27-Feb-17 21:16:45

We went to the elms but I know friends that have been to fowey hall and the polurrian bay and also rated them highly.

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 27-Feb-17 21:16:58

Bedruthan in Cornwall
www.bedruthan.com

SeaLionsOnMyShirt Mon 27-Feb-17 21:20:05

Not sure what your budget is, but we often stayed at The Balmoral in Edinburgh when our DC were very young, and the hotel is very child friendly. Gorgeous hotel, and lovely staff (including a fabulous babysitter who we used many times!)

carrotcakecupcake Mon 27-Feb-17 21:22:43

Another vote for Fowey Hall and Polurrian, though I think Fowey is my favourite.

Fitzsimmons Mon 27-Feb-17 21:27:26

How about the Lake District

trouthotel.co.uk/experiences/family/

Just been refurbished after the floods, lovely rooms (family have stayed there and I sneaked a look) and family friendly restaurant (eaten there several times with my DC). Plenty in the area to do, pushchair friendly walks nearby: www.thelakedistrict.org/things-to-do/walks/
I don't work for them I promise!

ManoloChooBoutin Mon 27-Feb-17 22:10:45

Thanks everyone, we will check these out. Hadn't come across that luxury family holidays website before either.

2014newme Tue 28-Feb-17 11:08:55

Calcot Manor has a crèche and is a lovely hotel with spa, kids tea etc
Bedruthan is in a great spot with great provision for kids but I felt the interiors gave it a holiday Inn vibe. Luxury prices not reflected in style of hotel. Just my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now