Talk

Advanced search

A64 York to Scarborough- services /loos please? Any locals reading?

(17 Posts)
CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:23:37

Might be travelling coming off the A1 from the south and would need a loo stop most likely. Had a look online but can't find any services listed. Anyone know if there are garages, Little Chefs or anywhere else for loo stops? Thanks!

lk26 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:29:43

I usually just call in at malton if I need a wee along that road when visiting friends. Think also has a Morrisons there to for a wee stop.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:46:01

Thanks!

Any other ideas welcome please...

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 09:50:46

I believe there's public loos in the car park in Pickering.

Actually, I think you turn off just before there to go to Scarborough but it's only about ten minutes and a nice place for a leg stretch.

Although Scarborough only takes just under an hour from York if traffics ok, so I'd be tempted to just stop in York.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:57:08

Thanks. I know Pickering. I usually travel from A1 to Thirsk / Pickering to the east coast , but may be doing a different route and probably won't last from A1 south turn off to York and all the way to the coast.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:58:12

sorry- mean I'd be coming from the south and turning off onto the A64 or the same in reverse from the north.

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 10:04:42

Ok - if you're turning off where I think you are, there's a roadside cafe (it's actually really big, cafe makes it sound small) called the highwayman just past York on the a64.

That has facilities - from memory they're separate from the cafe itself so you might not have to buy anything.

Iamastonished Tue 21-Feb-17 10:07:52

I am pretty sure there are loos at Askham Bar park and ride car park, just off the A1 near York. Failing that there is a Tesco there which is bound to have some loos.

paddypants13 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:07:59

The Highway Man does have separate toilets but there is a cost so make sure you have some change.

There's also a little chef and a Mcdonalds close together but on opposite sides of the carriageway. (Where we once had to stop to change dd after a major car sick incident coupled with a poonami. <Shudder>)

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 10:09:13

Yes, just done a quick google and it has free toilets outside if you don't want to stop for food or drink.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:12:19

You are all brilliant (I have a health issue that plays up sometimes.)
I can see there are loos - Little Chef and a garage - after the A1 en route to Tadcaster and Bilborough Top before hitting ring road round York. Then there are your suggestions from York to Malton....

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:12:36

Thanks Clash!

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 10:13:51

Ah sorry yeah it's 20p if you're not a customer.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:14:58

That's fine- can stretch to that!

Gerbilmum Tue 21-Feb-17 10:24:13

York designer outlet is pretty close to your turn off, free parking, loads of places to eat and toilets.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:37:46

Thank you!

paddypants13 Tue 21-Feb-17 15:32:08

Yes, York Designer Outlet's fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now