Talk

Advanced search

A64 York to Scarborough- services /loos please? Any locals reading?

(17 Posts)
CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:23:37

Might be travelling coming off the A1 from the south and would need a loo stop most likely. Had a look online but can't find any services listed. Anyone know if there are garages, Little Chefs or anywhere else for loo stops? Thanks!

lk26 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:29:43

I usually just call in at malton if I need a wee along that road when visiting friends. Think also has a Morrisons there to for a wee stop.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:46:01

Thanks!

Any other ideas welcome please...

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 09:50:46

I believe there's public loos in the car park in Pickering.

Actually, I think you turn off just before there to go to Scarborough but it's only about ten minutes and a nice place for a leg stretch.

Although Scarborough only takes just under an hour from York if traffics ok, so I'd be tempted to just stop in York.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:57:08

Thanks. I know Pickering. I usually travel from A1 to Thirsk / Pickering to the east coast , but may be doing a different route and probably won't last from A1 south turn off to York and all the way to the coast.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 09:58:12

sorry- mean I'd be coming from the south and turning off onto the A64 or the same in reverse from the north.

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 10:04:42

Ok - if you're turning off where I think you are, there's a roadside cafe (it's actually really big, cafe makes it sound small) called the highwayman just past York on the a64.

That has facilities - from memory they're separate from the cafe itself so you might not have to buy anything.

Iamastonished Tue 21-Feb-17 10:07:52

I am pretty sure there are loos at Askham Bar park and ride car park, just off the A1 near York. Failing that there is a Tesco there which is bound to have some loos.

paddypants13 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:07:59

The Highway Man does have separate toilets but there is a cost so make sure you have some change.

There's also a little chef and a Mcdonalds close together but on opposite sides of the carriageway. (Where we once had to stop to change dd after a major car sick incident coupled with a poonami. <Shudder>)

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 10:09:13

Yes, just done a quick google and it has free toilets outside if you don't want to stop for food or drink.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:12:19

You are all brilliant (I have a health issue that plays up sometimes.)
I can see there are loos - Little Chef and a garage - after the A1 en route to Tadcaster and Bilborough Top before hitting ring road round York. Then there are your suggestions from York to Malton....

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:12:36

Thanks Clash!

ClashCityRocker Tue 21-Feb-17 10:13:51

Ah sorry yeah it's 20p if you're not a customer.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:14:58

That's fine- can stretch to that!

Gerbilmum Tue 21-Feb-17 10:24:13

York designer outlet is pretty close to your turn off, free parking, loads of places to eat and toilets.

CountessJosephine Tue 21-Feb-17 10:37:46

Thank you!

paddypants13 Tue 21-Feb-17 15:32:08

Yes, York Designer Outlet's fab.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: