Talk

Advanced search

Selfcatering Aviemore or Carrbridge

(4 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Wed 15-Feb-17 22:04:35

Can you recommend a 2 bed self-catering place in Carrbridge or Aviemore for 2 adults & a 4 and 7year old in July?

I'm not sure whether Carrbridge or Aviemore would be a better base? What do you suggest?We want to do the usual Landmark, highland wildlife park, loch morlich, funicular railway etc.

We're looking for a clean comfortable base where we can relax when the kids are in bed but we'll be out all day. So far friends have recommended Fairwinds Chalets in Carrbridge but the sitting area doesn't look very comfy on the website.

NapQueen Wed 15-Feb-17 22:07:50

Weve stayed at a little place called "Rats Magic" in Aviemore a few times but our group got too big so weve had to find other accomodation for the last few years.

We go to that area annually, and hit those places on your list. Cant think of much more to add to it.

We also like staying in Newtonmore too. This year we are going to Grantown on Spey.

TotalConfucius Wed 15-Feb-17 22:40:00

Silverglades Holiday Homes have nice bungalows in Aviemore.
Doesn't the High Range have self catering apartments nowadays, and is just opposite the mountain road.

Tollergirl Thu 16-Feb-17 18:42:57

Hi - we are staying in Aviemore at the moment at Pine Bank Chalets. There are four of us and we are in Fintry cabin which is V comfy and cosy with log burner ( which you hopefully won't need in summer). A double and twin room (one of the most comfy beds we've ever had on holiday) and large open plan kitchen/living/dining room. It's also only a five minute walk to centre of Aviemore. There is a train line quite close but it hasn't bothered us ( might be different if sitting outside in summer?). There is little playground on site and ping pong & bike hire at reception. I'm not working for them but we have had a very nice break here so I would definitely recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now