Talk

Advanced search

place to stay in st ives - baby friendly?

(10 Posts)
squirrel999 Mon 26-Feb-07 10:35:51

anyone know anywhere? stayed anywhere in st ives area? have 5 month old baby, going in may, she'll be nearer 7 months then....

scorpio1 Mon 26-Feb-07 16:08:22

i live near st.ives.

there are alot of hotels/bed and breakfasts around.i cant name any in particular that are baby friendly as such,but i think most of them are as they are used to families.

Feel free to ask me any more questions if you need help with anything

Oscar22 Tue 27-Feb-07 22:47:34

Hi,

I'm also looking to stay in St Ives for a week with our baby who will then be 9 months. Scorpio1, as you live near St. Ives can you suggest the name of a self-catering holiday home or cottage and is there any particular area in St Ives that is really nice??
x

bluesky Wed 28-Feb-07 12:23:34

We love St Ives and have been about 6 times now, since our two were little.

We book through St Ives Holidays, (Lanhams). If you can get into Piazza apartments, they are fantastic, right on the beach, the view is amazing, so when little ones still need their bedtime and you are stuck in the evening, you have the best view in all of St Ives.

So many eaterie places are nearby, dh used to nip out and bring back something different most evenings.

We hardly use our car in St Ives, when the weather is great you don't need to go anywhere.

I love it!!!

Oscar22 Wed 28-Feb-07 16:52:27

Hi,

thanks blusky, have had a look and they do look lovely but unfortunately all the Piazza apartments are booked during September. any other suggestions welcome.
x

bluesky Wed 28-Feb-07 17:04:49

Oscar22, see if any of the barnaloft ones are available, they are next door, same beach and private access doorway onto the beach.

We're staying at a Barnaloft during Easter Hols.

Oscar22 Wed 28-Feb-07 17:36:10

i can see that one apartment is available to rent but unfortunately it says no children under the age of 3. Its so hard to know where to stay especially as I've never been to St Ives before.
Thanks again.
x

bluesky Wed 28-Feb-07 19:22:14

Well, if you see somewhere give me a shout, I can advise!!

St Ives is small, you can walk everywhere, beaches, harbour, shops, restaurants, it is all so close together. You can't really go wrong.

bluesky Wed 28-Feb-07 20:25:59

Try St Nicholas Court that is next to Barnaloft.

It goes, Piazza, Barnaloft facing the beach/sea and then St Nicholas Court is on the edge as it curves round. So some of them have great sea views, and the easy access onto the beach.

I've looked on September and there seems to be some September availability. Check you have a nice view.

Not all places in St Ives have car park spaces, that is a rare thing. But there is a big car park just near the beach, that you buy a weekly pass for (need lots of £1 coins). We tend to do that, and it has always been absolutely fine. Especially in September, it will much quieter after August madness.

Which week do you fancy, I will see which other ones are available and work out if they are in a good location.

Oscar22 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:21:35

thats great - I'll have a look at St Nicholas Court and let you know.
Thanks again.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now