Talk

Advanced search

York Hotel

(6 Posts)
Hyperhypermum Sat 28-Jan-17 23:21:49

We'd like to stop in York for one night en route to Northumberland in the summer. Have found the premier inn has a rate of £67 for a family room and is only a 5 minute walk from the centre. Parking is limited and is £10 per day. Does this sound good or can anyone suggest somewhere better? We want to be close to the city centre as have limited time and want to keep it under £100 for the night.

TIA

myrtleWilson Sat 28-Jan-17 23:24:50

The premier inn is very close to the centre and if I can remember the parking was good (hangar tyke rather than multi storey). Enjoy! Whereabouts are you off to in Northumberland? I do recommend Lower Newton Bay (amazing beach and fab pub )

emmcan Sat 28-Jan-17 23:27:21

That isn't too bad for York. You can wander out the top of Micklegate and to the Mount or Tadcaster road and find a bit cheaper, but parking can be a nightmare and you will be a bit of a trek from the city centre. Heworth has its charms and some lovely bits but again is pretty far out compared to Premier. For the requirement of one night in tourist-hell summer you pretty much have the best solution already. (From York btw, originally...)

Hyperhypermum Sat 28-Jan-17 23:28:31

Thank you smile We're actually staying close to Low Newton in a village called Ellingham. Do you know it at all?

Hyperhypermum Sat 28-Jan-17 23:30:32

Thank you Emmcan - thought it sounded good but wanted to be sure I'd not missed anywhere smile

EastCoastDamsel Sat 28-Jan-17 23:31:01

It sounds very reasonable to me (kids go to school in York). Depends what you want really. If you just want somewhere to sleep and a Base Premier is great. 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now