Talk

Advanced search

Hoburne Naish or Sandy Balls?

(7 Posts)
Abby21 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:47:14

Hi all

Looking at which you would recommend for our first time at holiday park in England with a 3 and 1 year old.

Hoping to do peppa pig world and other suitable toddler friendly activities.

Will be travelling from Ireland and flying into Southampton

Hoping to go in June as English schools still on so should be quieter??

Which holiday park would people recommend? Thinking of a lodge rather than caravan.

Thanks in advance!

Maggiecat Sun 15-Jan-17 21:46:28

Hi Abby21, we did Sandyballs a year ago in Feb with our then 2.5 year old twins. We stayed in a premier plus lodge with a view and it was just lovely. We used the pool and there was a nice soft play. A well stocked shop and a fairly decent playground. We didn't go at peak time so a lot of activities weren't on but I would definitely recommend it. It was a little tired in places but like I say it was out of season. Also, I would say I was a little nervous about the front door lock on the lodge. From the inside you could unlock it without a key so a 3 year old may well be capable just by turning the latch (think bathroom lock), might be worth taking a gate or checking with the site. Peppa Pig world was brilliant, we spent a morning there on our way back home and our twins were just so into it, it is well worth a visit.

northerngirl71 Sun 15-Jan-17 22:56:08

Sandy Balls is lovely - it's a few years now since we went but can highly recommend. Also we go to another place nearer Lymington which is a buzzing town with a great Saturday market ..called Shorefields . Has a good indoor and outdoor pool and a spa etc . SB still fave though .

Abby21 Mon 16-Jan-17 20:17:54

Thanks guys...appreciate your responses!

Hoburne naish can give us 3 bed lodge for price which great as child in own room each.....just wondering if better than going with sandy balls?

kir Mon 16-Jan-17 20:49:33

Not been to Sandy Balls but been going to Naish for several years since dd's were toddlers. Always found the site to be clean, quiet and friendly. Not sure of the lodges as we stay in a private hire caravan but they look quite nice.
Quite a lot for toddlers to do in site - indoor and outdoor pool, small soft play, playground and activities organised by the ents team Tommy's Tots and Sammy Squad. Not sure what entertainment on in June though.
Good base to do lots - we do grabbing at Mudeford, get the ferry and land train across to the spit and usually have a day in the New Forest/Christchurch/Bournemouth. Not too far from PP world, we take half an hour to get there. There is also a path from the site to the small beach and you are not far from Highcliffe Castle too.

Abby21 Mon 16-Jan-17 21:02:28

Thanks kirk for response.....very useful!

Avebury Sat 21-Jan-17 22:35:40

Hoburne Naish is fantastic for small children. They have a splash pool they can potter around in and it is always clean with helpful staff.
Went loads when my DC were small and even went back towards the end of last year and they still loved it even now they are bigger.
We always do a Paultons day trip from there but there is also enough to entertain them on site if we just want to relax.
I have only been to Sandy Balls once about 7 years ago but much prefer Hoburne Naish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now