Talk

Advanced search

Thursford Christmas Spectacular - anyone been?

(2 Posts)

I was thinking of booking this for December 2017 - I naively tried to book in August for the Christmas just gone, sure that was being ultra-organised, but there was hardly any seats available so thought I'd get on the case early this year.

Anyway, my parents, who are in their 70s, rave about it and thought we should all book for 2017 but now I'm having second thoughts. We wouldn't do Santa because my kids are too old so it would be booking for the show and possibly the Winter Wonderland on the day. It's quite pricey and I'm worried that I'll hate it. Reviews are overwhelmingly good but it does seem an older clientele and I'm concerned if it's a show full of scantily clad dancing girls and ribald humour my kids (and me and dh probably!) just won't enjoy it. Kids will be 9, 12 and 15.

Anyone been lately and what did you think to it? Thanks.

2anddone Sun 15-Jan-17 23:13:04

I went a couple of years ago. It's a true variety spectacular!! There are lots of dancing girls mixed in amongst ventriloquists, comedians and singers. The show is long and the seats are not comfy...I also think the average age of audience member was 65 I was there to take my 90 year old nanny.
Unless your children like shows like this I would wait until they are older (maybe see if there are any clips of the show on YouTube?). My dc are 12 and 8 we went to see Santa this year at thursford but didn't go to the show!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now