Talk

Advanced search

UK Holiday Suggestions Please

(18 Posts)
ManyMomentsOfMadness Sun 01-Jan-17 21:33:24

After holidaying in Cornwall for the last 15+ yrs with the now (recent)ExH, this will be my first year taking my two children DS9 & DD6 on holiday by myself.

I'm looking for static caravan (or cottage) holiday location suggestions please. Avoiding Cornwall I think. We will be going at the end of June, beginning of July time. TIA.

Friolero Sun 01-Jan-17 21:40:17

Norfolk - lovely beaches, lots to do for kids and not as crowded as the south west.

DoItTooJulia Sun 01-Jan-17 21:45:40

We always love Yorkshire. It's so huge and vast and there is so much to do and see.

We recently stayed in North Yorkshire in a lovely cottage. Close to the Dales, the Lakes was just about an hour away. We sought out as many waterfalls as possible, are fellmans lunches, visited Wensleydale, got the steam train (the North Yorkshire railway goes all the way to Whitby) and loads more.

Bloody lovely it was.

I'm eyeing up Weymouth though for next year. But it'll be difficult not to go to Yorkshire!

DoItTooJulia Sun 01-Jan-17 21:46:35

We ate a Fell mans lunch.

ManyMomentsOfMadness Sun 01-Jan-17 21:53:04

Thank you Friolero I will look into Norfolk flowers

I'm in Edinburgh and was thinking further south for some sun blush but agree Yorkshire is lovely DoItTooJulia flowers

Middleagedmumoftwo Sun 01-Jan-17 21:57:57

Pembrokeshire is beautiful, especially around the St Davids area, it reminded me of Cornwall but less busy! North Devon is also lovely, there are some amazing beaches around Croyde/woolacombe.

Wombletor Sun 01-Jan-17 22:03:54

Norfolk, wells-next-to-the-sea and Holkham are lovely.
Dorset, durdle door, lulworth cove, swanage, Burton bradstock, we've had lovely times there.

MollyHuaCha Sun 01-Jan-17 22:09:59

Dorset is lovely 🌞

Groovee Sun 01-Jan-17 22:14:01

We've been to Broadgate Farm Cottages the last 2 years in July. The weather was amazing. The area has loads to do. It was hotter there than Edinburgh or London.

CarrotLegsWanted Sun 01-Jan-17 22:15:28

Northumberland.

Lovely long beaches.
Lots of national trust and English heritage to visit if you have passes (Monthly fee cheaper than admission on the day overall-£15 for our family for both/month)

Bike rides. Crabbing. Walks and picnics. Beach days/fish n chips/ice cream.

River walks.

pieceofpurplesky Sun 01-Jan-17 22:18:02

Pembrokeshire - Tenby perhaps. I have been on my own with kids and it is a great place to go. Lots of great places to eat that are cheap and loads to do around the area. Beaches are amazing too

Muddlingalongalone Sun 01-Jan-17 22:21:15

I went to Waterside in Weymouth last year & it was great.

BubbleFairy Sun 01-Jan-17 22:21:18

We did North Wales this year, Ty Mawr, and it was lovely. Small and secure for small families. Loved Mersea Island for similar.

ManyMomentsOfMadness Mon 02-Jan-17 13:33:27

Thank you all so much. Off to do some holiday searching.......smile

CakesRUs Mon 02-Jan-17 13:34:17

Cornwall is lovely but is really crowded these days.

spencerreidswife Mon 02-Jan-17 13:41:49

The Lake District is a firm fave in our house. We also tried Anglesey last summer & it was beautiful lovely island lots to do stayed in an old school house❤️

GinGarden Wed 04-Jan-17 07:14:56

Mull of Kintyre - Point Sands has fabulous static caravans right in the beach. Really smart, brand new and a private beach overlooking the islands of Islay, Jura and Gigha. www.pointsands.com Best sunsets ever and really safe for the kids. Highly recommend

Msqueen33 Wed 04-Jan-17 07:27:11

Yorkshire I absolutely love. Heard very good things about Northumberland. Love Hampshire and the new forest and also Dorset.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now