Talk

Advanced search

Some quick Butlins questions

(3 Posts)
Dogolphin Thu 15-Dec-16 17:35:03

We are off to Butlins Bognor soon and I have a few questions if anyone is around to answer them?

Are there any quiet times for swimming, is there often a que for the pool?

Are there slot machines, if so how can I avoid them/which coins should I take if I want to have a go? Have coppers but no silver.

Do activities get very booked up/or can you even book for activities? At CP we book online in advance and I haven't seen any information on that yet so am thinking not.

Which is the nicest restaurant? Is it one of the hotels?

We have never been before but are very looking forward to it!

cestlavielife Mon 19-Dec-16 17:53:17

went for day only - the central dome thing has loads of slot machines. it is very brash and noisy. there will be a change machine - put in a fiver get change...

quiet times for swimming are usually when everyone else goes for lunch or evening meal...

i don't recall any nice restaurants...some basic chain/pub type places.

Monomynous Fri 30-Dec-16 23:45:29

We really like Butlins and have been to bognor several times.

There is not often a queue for the pool, but as pp said I'd say least busy at mealtimes.

There are lots of slot machines in the skyline pavilion which is the main central area so kind of unavoidable. I have never used them so I don't know what they take sorry.

You can book for activities, there are various booking points around the resort, one in the skyline pavilion, one along by where you can hire the multooerson bikes near the fairground. I would book things but I don't think you have to do it a long way in advance like you do at cp. I'm not sure how old your kids are but mine loved the circus skills and husband liked segway thing!

I think the nicest restaurant is meant to be turner's. I haven't eaten there though. We've done the premium dining a few times and would highly recommend. Very nice plentiful food.

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now