Talk

Advanced search

Sandyballs

(6 Posts)
idontlikealdi Sun 06-Nov-16 19:28:12

Apart from the ridiculous name - any experience? Looking at centre parcs but DTs are only 4 so I think fur the money we would get more out of it in a few years time when they can make use of all of the activities?

dreamingofsun Mon 07-Nov-16 08:31:30

i've only used the swimming pool, which is nothing like centre parcs - its nice enough, but nearly as big. its in a lovely location - you have the new forest one side and the coast about 20 miles the other. And places like salisbury/winchester not too far. fordingbridge has a lovely park by the river with a big paddling pool (or it used to)

idontlikealdi Mon 07-Nov-16 16:57:18

Thanks Dreaming.

Avebury Wed 16-Nov-16 13:41:26

Have been to Sandy Balls but in that area - on the other side of the New Forest is Hoburne Naish which I much prefer and is perfect for smaller children

redjumper Sat 11-Feb-17 18:03:16

We stayed at Sandyballs in our campervan midweek term time in June and it worked out at £12 per night! The cheapest campsite I've ever been to so from my experience it was brilliant. There are a couple of nice restaurants, the pool is small and just right for a preschooler. The playgrounds are good. It's also well located, we had a day at the beach in Poole which was also lovely. I'd say it's great overall but you wouldn't want to pay centreparcs prices as the pool is more like a leisure centre than a tropical paradise, they aren't really comparable.

DarceyBushell Sun 12-Feb-17 22:13:41

Look at Oakdene Forest park, not far from Sandy Balls but was cheaper. Pool looks similar to SB. We had a great 2 weeks in a lodge with a hot tub :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now