Talk

Advanced search

London accommodation with kids

(8 Posts)
Kindlesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 12-Oct-16 17:06:16

Thinking of a few days in London next week with the kids (9 & 5). It's a bit last minute and I haven't got a clue! Would it be sensible to stay near kings cross (we would arrive there) to make arrival and departure easy or is it not that nice.

We don't want to be going on 3 tubes etc with suitcases and kids as soon as we get there. I am not sure if there is a nicer area within reach by an easy bus ride? Or if I am just overthinking and. It would be fine as we would mostly be out and about exploring!

Any advice would be gratefully received!

MrsMillions Wed 12-Oct-16 17:14:58

There are quite a few hotel options in Stratford which you could reach very easily by walking from Kings Cross to St Pancras, and getting the high speed javelin train.

cestlavielife Wed 12-Oct-16 18:05:58

kings cross is now a great area!
go for chains like premier inn you know what you are getting

2014newme Wed 12-Oct-16 18:09:56

Another vote for premier Inn. Breakfast is free for kids too.
I would stay in the nearest one to kings cross that you can.
No idea why you would shlep to Stratford unless you were going to something there. Staying central is best for the main sights.

Kindlesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 12-Oct-16 19:33:24

Thanks so much for your help. After reading old threads I was thinking Premier Inn near kings cross, you have made my mind up. Will probably not go for the closest though as there is no restaurant due to renovations. We'll go for the next nearest!

Justwanttoweeinpeace Wed 12-Oct-16 19:37:17

Airbnb. Much cheaper, loads of options. Kings Cross is a great area now. Loads of restaurants.

MrsMillions Wed 12-Oct-16 20:33:02

Should have said earlier... When we went we found Stratford much cheaper, hence suggesting it, and not too far from the action in the centre, plus you have all the Olympic park stuff close at hand. But agree Kings Cross is a much nicer area than it used to be so if you can get a good price round there, go for it.

DizzyBlondeMum2 Sat 22-Oct-16 21:45:57

Big vote for kings cross premier inn. Great tube connections and giraffe and leon in station for healthy fast food plus mini waitrose and farmers market for in room picnic. Extra bonus platform 9 3/4 late and Harry Potter store on your door step so you can go late or early and miss the crowds. St Pancrass is also an easy walk to kings cross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now