Talk

Advanced search

Looking for big house to rent for weekend get together

(9 Posts)
wordsandmusic Fri 07-Oct-16 12:35:28

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations? Looking for somewhere for a birthday get together for a weekend next spring, needs to have at least 8 bedrooms.... I'm searching in all the usual places but if anyone knows of anywhere (somewhere easy-ish to get to from both north and south of England), that would be great. Thanks all

Haggisfish Fri 07-Oct-16 12:38:50

theoldhomestead.co.uk/ We stayed here and it was really lovely.

NapQueen Fri 07-Oct-16 12:46:41

www.thebigdomain.com/large-houses/haberfield-hall

We stayed here for a hen. Amazing house! The northerners flew down from Newcastle and the southerners trained or drove.

Brilliant time was had!

feetheart Fri 07-Oct-16 12:46:58

Slightly different but might be worth a look -A friend rented the Youth Hostel in Sherwood Forest for a get together earlier this year and it was great. Slightly different but might be worth a looking at YHA places, they can rent out the whole thing.

donajimena Fri 07-Oct-16 12:49:15

High Cloud Farm near Monmouth. Stayed there. Its beautiful.

donajimena Fri 07-Oct-16 12:51:05

I've just checked the web link and high cloud is on there too wink

Cocochoco Fri 07-Oct-16 12:53:07

How much did you play for Haberfield House nap?

NapQueen Fri 07-Oct-16 13:06:35

I can't remember the individual cost - the mother of the bride booked it and some activities and catered for 2 days and just gave us a total amount to pay each - and she may well have subsidised that too I'm not sure.

I think I paid about 180 ish for the weekend and paid my own flights on top.

There was about 24 of us.

Cocochoco Fri 07-Oct-16 13:28:18

Thank you -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now