Toddler Modelling - Elisabeth Smith.

(5 Posts)
Eleanor12 Fri 30-Sep-16 23:24:06

Hi all,

I recently sent off a few applications to some child modelling agencies, and my 1 year old son has been accepted by Elisabeth Smith.

They want over £200 to join the agency and I am feeling a little apprehensive as that is a obviously a significant sum of money. Has anybody got any experience with this agency? How likely is my son to get work? (I realise work is based on the client, but has anyone had an experience with Elisabeth Smith where they have got little to no work?)

My son is also a very active child. He is quite strong willed and is not the type to sit still for long periods of time. What usually happens at castings, are they very strict on behaviour of young children/toddlers.

Sorry for all of the questions, I am very new to this and want to make sure I know what I am getting into before I hand over significant amounts of money.

Thank you!

Bowchanel Wed 08-Feb-17 22:32:34

My son is with Elisabeth smith for a year now, yes they do ask for up front payment because they're also a talent agency for tv shows, so far he's had 2 castings with Morrison nappies and boots mini club.. the competition is huge so a lot of babies at casting, and they generally do have to work around babies schedule like their sleeping or feeding etc, I've also received emails for tv shows based on families who wishes to take part for the BBC and channel 4 but I wasn't interested.. hope this helps xx

sooperdooper Wed 08-Feb-17 22:36:07

I always thought that any reputable agency wouldn't ask for payment to register upfront or cover test shots, if they think he'll get work they wouldn't need to charge, I think it sounds dodgy

sooperdooper Wed 08-Feb-17 22:37:41

Talent agencies for Tv shows shouldn't charge you to be on their books either, they should make their cut on a percentage of jobs they help clients find.... Charging upfront suggests they don't get much work

Cathelpplease Wed 08-Feb-17 22:39:52

Why on earth would you want your child to do this?

Modelling is basically standing around doing nothing for hours and hours. Does that sound like something he would enjoy? Or is it because you want to brag your son is a model?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now