Talk

Advanced search

Weekend in London with 5 & 7 year old

(7 Posts)
Trottersindependenttraders Wed 14-Sep-16 15:11:53

Calling Londoners and erm, Londonphiles?

We (me, DH, DD 7 & DS 5) have booked two nights in a Premier Inn in London at half term. Last time I found a thread on here which had loads of great ideas to fill our time so I'm hoping to get some new ideas if I start a shiny new thread.

We are staying near Bank (I think). Is there anything a bit off the beaten track or different that we might now know about / not have thought about. Last time we did lots of walking the Diana playground, a Clipper down the Thames to the O2 then across on the Cable Cars, Natural History Museum, changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Downing Street, walked along the Southbank so we've covered a lot of the landmarks that the kids might recognise from the TV.

Hit me with your insider knowledge and info grin

FairNotFair Wed 14-Sep-16 15:16:42

Take them to the Sky Garden. Amazing views and FREE. But you'll need to book in advance - tickets are released 3 weeks ahead (I think) and will probably go quickly for half term.

Trottersindependenttraders Wed 14-Sep-16 15:34:59

Thanks Fair, I've counted back 3 weeks and put a reminder on my phone to check for tickets then. Great idea! They asked about going on the London Eye, but it seems a lot of money for not very much so I'd rather use that elsewhere.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 14-Sep-16 15:45:24

Greenwich Observatory, with the Planetarium and running up and down the hill.
A train journey out but what about Hampton Court Palace.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 14-Sep-16 15:45:25

Greenwich Observatory, with the Planetarium and running up and down the hill.
A train journey out but what about Hampton Court Palace.

Westfacing Wed 14-Sep-16 16:06:38

Tower Bridge - great views from the walkway; also The Shard which is usually free for children at half-term but you do have to book.

Ifailed Wed 14-Sep-16 16:16:58

second Tower bridge, can also include a trip to the Tower itself, look at the Crown Jewels if that's your cup of tea. Nearby is HMS Belfast, Golden Hinde, Borough Market if your a bit foody. If you've not done one, a bus trip can be good, you can hop and off and they'll cover all the usual landmarks.
Rather than dash around the place, why not just decide on an area and come back on here, I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas and tips.

Don't forget to bring oyster cards for the adults, kids under 10 travel free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now