Talk

Advanced search

Forest holidays - anyone been?

(8 Posts)
TequilaBlockingBird Sun 11-Sep-16 18:59:15

Just that. Has any one been on a Forest holiday, Yorkshire and/or Scotland are the most relevant, How did you find it?

MrsAmaretto Wed 14-Sep-16 21:19:51

Yes, went to Strathyre at Christmas and loved it. It was expensive but worth it for the hot tub alone and would go back again. We loved the walks, our children were too young for activities but they looked great for older ones. I also liked having a wee shop that delivered bread etc in the morning.

ReggaeShark Wed 14-Sep-16 21:22:08

Few years ago to to New Forest. Loved it. Family of 4 plus dog.

MrsBungle Wed 14-Sep-16 21:25:53

We go every year. Usually alternate between Keldy and Forest of Dean. We love it. We usually get a silver birch cabin. I especially love Forest of Dean as the site is really near symonds yat which is wonderful.

MrsBungle Wed 14-Sep-16 21:27:03

We always do a ranger activity with the kids too, they love it.

LillyBugg Wed 14-Sep-16 21:29:25

I've been to Strathyre. We were two couples, went in February and made sure we had a hot tub. The cabins are so luxurious, honestly I would love to go back.

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 14-Sep-16 21:38:40

We have done the New Forest one and the Norfolk one, we are going to Strathyre in February. They are getting more expensive all the time but if you can afford it (go outside of school hols if possible) then I would definitely recommend. They are really good quality accommodation, the underfloor heating is lovely. We sometimes do lots of walking etc and it's great to come back to the hot tub, we also have some lazy days and just mooch around the site, watch films, hop in and out the hot tub which is great as well. We've seen loads of birds, rabbits, squirrels, hedgehogs and deer which my city kids thought was amazing. Also star gazing from the hot tub without all the light pollution nearly blew their minds.

gobbymare Wed 14-Sep-16 21:41:38

Yes absolutely love them.

We stayed at Kelly last year and due to stay again 7th of next month cannot wait.

Golden oak cabins are beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now