Talk

Advanced search

Where can I take a 4 and 9 year old for a few days in November?

(13 Posts)
SirNiallDementia Mon 29-Aug-16 20:52:45

We have a week off at the start of November and am looking for somewhere to go for a few days. DH will be working so just me and the kids.

Kids loved staying at Haven recently but I didn't so anywhere but Haven please!

Thanks.

Sirzy Mon 29-Aug-16 20:54:24

We are going to London for a few days in November.

Most caravan site type places will probably be shut by then.

Floralnomad Mon 29-Aug-16 20:54:41

Centre Parcs
Disneyland Paris
London

Chester? Nice town centre, a couple of kid-friendly museums and you could have a day at the zoo?

Edinburgh?

marinablue Wed 31-Aug-16 18:23:20

Alton towers? grin

serin Wed 31-Aug-16 20:28:54

Legoland hotel?

bojorojo Fri 02-Sep-16 16:24:28

Disneyland Paris with a 4 year old would not be great in my view as they would be a bit too young. Maybe Bristol to go on the Brunel designed SS Great Britain and the Zoo. London if you can minimise travel and tiredness. Anywhere with stream trains running - Corfe Castle to Swanage in Dorset. Abbotsbury for the swans. Lots to see in coastal Dorset. Alnwick in Northumberland. Check if the Castle is open.

SirNiallDementia Fri 02-Sep-16 21:57:34

Thanks for all your suggestions, we've been to quite a few of those suggested places already so you're all on the right track!

Just looked at centre parks, why is it so expensive in November?! Ffs surely that's not a time anyone wants to go on holiday?!

mouldycheesefan Sat 03-Sep-16 15:30:23

People go to centre parcs in or Xmas breaks in November they decorate it all up.

mamabluestar Sat 03-Sep-16 22:40:12

Butlins?

EnquiringMingeWantsToKnow Sat 03-Sep-16 22:43:27

There's a cheap deal in Leicester where you can stay and go to loads of attractions. It's called Stay and Play.

EnquiringMingeWantsToKnow Sat 03-Sep-16 22:43:57

Cardiff is nice if your DC like Doctor Who.

SirNiallDementia Sun 04-Sep-16 09:17:53

That stay and play deal is fantastic, definitely a contender.

Is Butlins ok? Lots of the reviews say the rooms and facilities are dirty which I would not be happy with on a break!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now