Talk

Advanced search

Honeymoon in Cornwall/Devon

(12 Posts)
LadyFarnborough Sun 07-Aug-16 08:59:14

We are getting married in March and will have a 3 month old baby by then so have decided to have a UK honeymoon then and go abroad later in the year.
Have been looking at luxury cottage lets - seems the easiest thing with a small baby as don't fancy being cooped up in a hotel room every evening.

The question is where to go though? Would like a cottage that is in the middle of a picturesque fishing village, close to places for days out (will have a car) and a variety of nice restaurants/pubs on our doorstep for the evening.
Have so far looked at Mousehole and Port Isaac. Where else should I look? Don't want to go somewhere I've been before so that rules out Padstow, Polperro and Looe.

SeashellHoarder Sun 07-Aug-16 13:55:24

How about mullion? Lovely cafes, great beach. Very walkable.

LadyFarnborough Sun 07-Aug-16 19:25:42

Thank you, just checking it out.

Sunshineboo Sun 07-Aug-16 19:30:37

How about cagwith? Really nice village. May be worth looking at flushing too.

BoGrainger Sun 07-Aug-16 19:32:21

I'm trying to book a cottage in Crantock which sound like that. Haven't been there so can't say for sure!

Doublemint Sun 07-Aug-16 19:40:49

We went to Lamorna cottages for our honey moon we've been back 3 times its a lovely romantic place X

www.2lamorna.co.uk/lamorna-view.php

maddiesparks Sun 07-Aug-16 22:28:21

Polperro is lovely. Stayed in an apartment nice that overlooked the harbour and could her the sea lying in bed at night - perfect.

brexitschmexit Sun 07-Aug-16 22:30:45

St mawes is lovely. Lots of beautiful cottages with sea views, nice pubs, hotels and restaurants for eating out, 2 beaches in st mawes itself and also many other wonderful ones in easy driving distance (such as carne beach). It's a magical place, in my opinion!

Acorn44 Sun 07-Aug-16 22:48:46

If in Devon, I'd recommend staying in the South Hams area (a trip on the steam train a must - v romantic). Dartmouth, Salcombe, Gittisham all worth looking at. Lots of quaint villages and towns in every direction. Another must is getting the tractor out to Burgh Island. Alternatively, Topsham is a small historic waterside town just outside Exeter which is ideally placed for all the East Devon villages. Loads to do there. You are only a few miles from the M5 so day trip to Cornwall v easy.

austenozzy Sun 07-Aug-16 22:53:49

National trust Glendurgan have cottages in the tiny hamlet of Durgan, which is a lovely spot. Five miles from Falmouth and loads of stuff nearby.

LadyFarnborough Mon 08-Aug-16 20:36:29

Late back to this but thank you for all the suggestions, will be checking them out.

I love Polperro but as it was the scene of a few holidays with an ex, it's probably not suitable for honeymoon wink

mouldycheesefan Mon 15-Aug-16 08:34:06

We go to crantock every year it is lovely. Beach is stunning. Plenty of cottage lets. Nice village pub. Watergate bay hotel may also be good for a honeymoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now