Talk

Advanced search

Edinburgh for a romantic weekend

(6 Posts)
PipnPosy Sat 06-Aug-16 12:42:22

Hello

DH and I are getting a rare weekend alone in early December for a big anniversary and thought about a couple of nights in Edinburgh as neither of us has ever been. We'll get the train up. As it's a treat we want to stay somewhere quite special (£200pn?), eat well and do some sightseeing and Christmas shopping.

Any recommendations for places to stay, eat and visit would be amazing as I literally have no clue about Edinburgh and am very excited to finally get to go. I love history, architecture, booze and food if that helps!

Thanks, Pip

Sparkygal Sat 06-Aug-16 12:57:41

Hi, dh and I stayed in Nira Caledonia for a child-free weekend away for my 40th. It was lovely a boutique type hotel, about 10mins walk from George St / Princes St.
You should go to Tigerlily for cocktails on George St and we ate a lovely Italian place on same street - can't remember the name though.
We also had a lovely stroll in the Botantical gardens (it was summer so was able to sit in the sun), then had a slice of cake and glass of prosecco in the restaurant there.
You will have a ball, so much to do.

PipnPosy Sat 06-Aug-16 22:37:28

Thanks Sparky! I've noted all those suggestions and really can't wait to go now smile

Haggisfish Sat 06-Aug-16 22:38:53

The witchery is famous for being romantic. Balmoral very old fashionedly wonderful.

CostaAddict Sat 06-Aug-16 22:44:06

I can recommend the glass house hotel to stay. Very central and close to restaurants/shops/bars. George street is fantastic for cocktails. Edinburgh Xmas market and attractions are good for a visit too, especially at night. I'm local so maybe don't appreciate it as much as tourists but it really is a beautiful city.

For good deals for food/cocktail combo's groupon always has deals! Especially at Xmas for George street which can be rather pricey. Friends of mine have always went to the Dome every year for mulled wine and food although it's never taken my fancy although it looks spectacular

PipnPosy Sun 07-Aug-16 14:18:21

Fantastic, thanks everyone! I'm bookmarking all these suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now