Talk

Advanced search

Lunch near Cambridge theatre London

(9 Posts)
Daisy2315 Tue 26-Jul-16 14:23:34

We are taking dd to see Matilda for her birthday, can anyone recommend a good place nearby to eat beforehand?

Daisy2315 Tue 26-Jul-16 14:24:01

It will be for lunch as seeing the matinee performance

shannie Wed 27-Jul-16 13:56:28

I'm afraid we ended up in Macdonalds. We went to a sat night performance 2 weeks ago and the place was so busy it was crazy. Hopefully lunch time will be quieter but I'd either try and book somewhere or allow loads of time. We hoped to get into a pizza place that's v close, home slice I think but the queue was down the street. Have fun we loved the show.

walruswhiskers Wed 27-Jul-16 14:04:28

It's just off seven dials and near Covent Garden so loads of places. There's a lovely family-owned Italian v nearby - cant remember the name but v close.

Daisy2315 Thu 28-Jul-16 08:36:09

Thanks for the tips

MNBirminghamLocalEd Thu 28-Jul-16 08:41:37

We went to a branch of the Belgian chain, Belgo nearby before seeing Matilda a couple of years ago, and DS had mussels and chips for the first time (although more normal fare is available, obvs.) It was brilliant, the right balance of formal/informal with bench seating, and the service was speedy. He still talks about it today.

Have a brilliant time.

nicolasixx Fri 29-Jul-16 21:11:35

Shake shack in the piazza is fun if you like burgers (can be busy but Q moves quickly). Rosso pomodoro for pizza is also nearby.

Willow33 Tue 02-Aug-16 19:22:19

Pollos - 20 Old Compton st. Great Italian food

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 02-Aug-16 19:32:22

stroll down to Chinatown! I would!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now