Place to stay with childcare in Midlands area?

(7 Posts)
Cornwall73 Tue 26-Jul-16 12:21:11

In September we are travelling from Northumberland to London and would like to break the journey somewhere in the middle. Looking for a place with a Creche or nanny for a few hours during the day so we can have a bit of a break. The children (twins) are 3yrs old.

Any advice? Google searches come up blank!

OP’s posts: |
SilverHawk Wed 27-Jul-16 21:56:01

I would advise stopping in Leicestershire. You would be able to get most of the travelling done, a night's stop and then the one hour (or so into London).
Try looking at Market Harborough, Great Glen, and Kilworth House Hotel.
I don't know your budget but some lovely little places off the beaten track could suit?

Cornwall73 Mon 01-Aug-16 09:16:23

Great ideas but the problem is finding a place with childcare so we can have a few hours off during the day

cestlavielife Mon 01-Aug-16 22:42:42

Do you mean to stay ovetnight ? Or to hsve a break during thr journey ? Will be .more expensive hotels eg www.britainsfinest.co.uk/hotels/search_results.cfm/searchclasscode/305?gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV0vzcIGtexVDL9VYbdk-C9kfK8y4yO_rvlQ23n8rtGiBoCZX3w_wcB

Cornwall73 Wed 03-Aug-16 11:59:16

Hi, if we find somewhere with come childcare we may stay a couple of nights

welshweasel Wed 03-Aug-16 12:06:24

I think you'll struggle. I live in the midlands and the closest hotels we have found that have a crèche are the elms in Worcester and center parcs! If you find anything let us know as I would be there like a shot!

Cornwall73 Wed 03-Aug-16 13:26:24

Same here, those are the only ones I can find as well. CP have a minimum stay which is too long and the Elms is a bit off route. Looks like we are likely to dothe trip in one go now. chocolate

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in