Talk

Advanced search

Place to stay with childcare in Midlands area?

(7 Posts)
Cornwall73 Tue 26-Jul-16 12:21:11

In September we are travelling from Northumberland to London and would like to break the journey somewhere in the middle. Looking for a place with a Creche or nanny for a few hours during the day so we can have a bit of a break. The children (twins) are 3yrs old.

Any advice? Google searches come up blank!

SilverHawk Wed 27-Jul-16 21:56:01

I would advise stopping in Leicestershire. You would be able to get most of the travelling done, a night's stop and then the one hour (or so into London).
Try looking at Market Harborough, Great Glen, and Kilworth House Hotel.
I don't know your budget but some lovely little places off the beaten track could suit?

Cornwall73 Mon 01-Aug-16 09:16:23

Great ideas but the problem is finding a place with childcare so we can have a few hours off during the day

cestlavielife Mon 01-Aug-16 22:42:42

Do you mean to stay ovetnight ? Or to hsve a break during thr journey ? Will be .more expensive hotels eg www.britainsfinest.co.uk/hotels/search_results.cfm/searchclasscode/305?gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV0vzcIGtexVDL9VYbdk-C9kfK8y4yO_rvlQ23n8rtGiBoCZX3w_wcB

Cornwall73 Wed 03-Aug-16 11:59:16

Hi, if we find somewhere with come childcare we may stay a couple of nights

welshweasel Wed 03-Aug-16 12:06:24

I think you'll struggle. I live in the midlands and the closest hotels we have found that have a crèche are the elms in Worcester and center parcs! If you find anything let us know as I would be there like a shot!

Cornwall73 Wed 03-Aug-16 13:26:24

Same here, those are the only ones I can find as well. CP have a minimum stay which is too long and the Elms is a bit off route. Looks like we are likely to dothe trip in one go now. chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now