Talk

Advanced search

Rainy day out in aviemore

(12 Posts)
Coldest Mon 25-Jul-16 17:43:40

HiyaV, suggestions for a rainy day out in aviemore. Travelling with a baby and two year old and also other adults. Adults Can take turns looking after kids so can do some activities

WottyMcWottFace Mon 25-Jul-16 18:23:16

Sorry I have no advise but we are looking at a holiday with 2 young children, would love to know how you find it and where to stay!
Hope this helps to bump your post and you find some good indoor activities

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 25-Jul-16 18:32:22

Is it to be rainy all day?

Not sure where you are staying, but there is a swimming pool in the MacDonald centre that general public can use and also some of the hotels used to do a swim lunch in the hotel pools.

You could take the funicular to the top of the mountain.

Theres a climbing wall that maybe the adults would enjoy?

have a look at Rothiemurcus estates, they often have things such as a Jeep safari.

There is also a soft play/creche in the Hilton Coylumbridge for little people.

Or just embrac the rain and hire canoes/sail boats for the adults while the little ones poddle in the loch (at Loch Morlich)

The Highland Wildlife Park, The highland Folk Museum and the Landmark Centre are all good if you don't mind getting a little wet.

There is also a steam train sometimes up to Boat of Garten (I think).

The coylumbridge usually has evening entertainment on for kids at about 5/6pm, technically for hotel guests but If you had a drink in the bar I don't think it would be a problem - bar is quite expensive.

there is a little visitors centre between Loch Morlich and the Funicular with a cafe.

If I think of anything else I'll add to it.

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 25-Jul-16 18:38:59

www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/our-hotels/macdonald-aviemore-resort/resort-activities/

rothiemurchus.net/activities/

www.cairngormmountain.org/funicular-railway/

www.landmarkpark.co.uk/

www.highlandwildlifepark.org.uk/

www.highlifehighland.com/highlandfolkmuseum/

www.lochmorlich.com/

strathspeyrailway.co.uk/daily-timetable/

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 25-Jul-16 18:40:08

scotland.forestry.gov.uk/forest-parks/glenmore-forest-park/glenmore-visitor-centre

Or you do a forest walk as you don't get so wet smile

Coldest Tue 26-Jul-16 21:50:03

Thanks so much wankers we did the segway and quadbiking at rothimarcus and also the walk around loch en eilen. Had a very good day.

Now off to one of the islands please give some suggestions.

wotty we booked a sled catering cottage online

WankersHacksandThieves Wed 27-Jul-16 18:59:47

which islands Coldest?

I've only been to Skye and Arran.

If you are heading to Skye, then go to Elgol and get the boat over to Loch Coruisk.

Coldest Sun 31-Jul-16 13:11:00

Thanks wankers we decider to go to Edinburgh instead was a lot of fun

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 31-Jul-16 14:11:09

I'm from Edinburgh though I don't like there anymore smile Glad you enjoyed.

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 31-Jul-16 14:11:34

Live, not like! blush

Coldest Sun 31-Jul-16 14:29:41

We did enjoy it a lot. Was good to see the hustle and bustle after a week in the wilderness smile. Would like to go to Edinburgh again as we went on jut a day trip

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 31-Jul-16 15:33:17

Edinburgh is fab - feel free to message me for info when you plan your next visit and I'll do my best to help smile

I always feel like a tourist there now and struggle to remember bus numbers and routes that used to know like the back of my hand. It's still my home city though and sometimes I'd move back in an instant. Other times I'm not sure I could cope with the bustle anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now