Talk

Advanced search

Sun newspaper holidays

(9 Posts)
Wrenniecat1970 Thu 14-Jul-16 18:17:04

Thinking of doing this offer with my 13 year old and 10 year old. Any experiances/ advice? Had a few negative comments from people who have never been. I think they may be being a bit snobbish so thought I would seek a more informed opinion. All I really want is clean accommodation.

MyballsareSandy2015 Thu 14-Jul-16 18:19:18

They're great if you pick the right park. Church farm near Chichester is lovely. The one in Hastings was horrible - dirty, over-crowded and saw loads of young lads in the bar with tags on shock.

Mind you this was a few years back, might be diff now.

mouldycheesefan Fri 15-Jul-16 08:06:04

If all you want is clan accommodation choose your park carefully and read the reviews in tripadvisor to avoid grubby places.
My friend goes on and them and has had some great times, some less good times. By time you add on cost of entertainment pass etc it can mount up.

Wrenniecat1970 Fri 15-Jul-16 08:37:25

Thanks for your comments. Really helpful.

idontlikealdi Fri 15-Jul-16 08:38:59

My sil did one but it ended up costing a fortune by the time they added all the extras on and they didn't like it anyway.

notasausage Sat 16-Jul-16 20:43:07

We've been to several and always had a lovely time. I read reviews on trip advisor first and don't always book the most basic caravan depending on the time of year. They do end up costing nearer £150 for 4 by the time you add up entertainment passes, electric and linen (though you can take your own).

Doje Sat 16-Jul-16 20:45:51

I went last year. Did a 'girly' break with three other women in their thirties. I'd say great, but obviously basic. Agree with PP that you have to factor in the entertainment pass (if relevant).

Mrstumbletap Sat 16-Jul-16 20:47:40

I have a couple years ago, really good a little caravan place down in Devon/Cornwall. You have to pay £15 for bed linen. But we had a great view and were right on the beach.

Wrenniecat1970 Wed 20-Jul-16 06:50:57

Ooo. Sounds lovely Mrs TT. Thanks for the confidence boost. Want to give it a go as i Can't bring my self to pay 1500 pounds for a week at Devon Cliffs.... what if it rains all Week ( again confused).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now