Talk

Advanced search

We need a holiday!

(6 Posts)
IslaSinga Thu 14-Jul-16 13:30:09

Unfortunately I have been completely disorganised and have booked nothing for the summer. I am now starting to panic shock.

We have 3 DCs from 5 - 13 years old. I am considering either a week away somewhere (if that's possible to find) or a few weekends away with places to stay and activities.

So, can you help us please?!

mrsmortis Thu 14-Jul-16 13:44:29

What's your budget? Where are you and how far are you willing to travel?

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 14-Jul-16 13:45:25

Uk? Abroad? City? Beach? Countryside?

angemorange Thu 14-Jul-16 14:00:05

If you are staying in UK Yorkshire is great - country and seaside options, plenty of attractions and cities within reach as well.

Abroad you may have left it too late for any bargains but flights to Spain are plentiful and you are guaranteed good weather!

IslaSinga Thu 14-Jul-16 14:47:53

We're staying in the uk this year. Not sure of budget, but centre parcs is too much...

mummymeister Fri 15-Jul-16 10:24:12

short breaks I would do midweeks if possible rather than weekends and look at places like London and the free museums, perhaps Bath or Cardiff where we had a great time with the castle etc. if you don't have to drive get a family and friends railcard, travel off peak and you will get some bargains - cheaper than driving in a lot of cases. book the cheapest overnight accom you can find because you will only use it for sleeping, and spend the money on the days out.

you could also look at vouchers for LEGOLAND etc and do some short breaks including them.

if you are thinking of a week away then you have left it very very late. it really does help to know your budget for the week away. if CP is too expensive are you thinking £600pw, £1000pw? this will help people with advice decide whether to recommend camping or a hotel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now