Talk

Advanced search

Last week in August ideas

(6 Posts)
OutwardBound2016 Mon 04-Jul-16 07:53:30

DD starts school on the 7th September, we have already had our 'big' holiday this year but wanted to go somewhere for a week before she starts. We love Cornwall and Devon but we are being scared off by the prices in school hols. Does anyone have any ideas that won't make DH cry when he sees the price!!

mummymeister Mon 04-Jul-16 16:07:14

If it is the last week of August then it will be the bank holiday weekend and the end of school summer holidays so no one is going to give you a bargain or a cheap deal then I'm afraid. the cheapest option will be camping and can recommend the one at Polzeath above the beach. caravans are just as expensive as cottages and you wont find much under about £700 a week if you want a few facilities with it.

as for your dh. make him book next years school holiday booking so he knows that there just aren't any cheap deals out there any more !!

OutwardBound2016 Mon 04-Jul-16 16:22:44

Thanks, I expected as much! We had a pricey holiday earlier this year to avoid the holidays and I don't think we have got our head around the cost of going away in school holidays!

mummymeister Mon 04-Jul-16 22:05:54

Its not just the cost it is the availability and how far in advance you have to book. we needed a large villa for this summer in Greece and I started looking in the Autumn and really struggled to find something that wasn't horrendously expensive. all the cheaper ones book 18 months in advance it seems.

we got lucky and got a cancellation but have in the past ended out shelling out far more than I would have liked.

serin Tue 05-Jul-16 19:25:33

What is your budget OP?

£550 for the last week of Aug Here

Lovely scenery/beach and close to Snowdonia.

MegBusset Tue 05-Jul-16 19:29:45

What's your budget and where are you? Lots of places will be cheaper than Devon and Cornwall!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now