Centre parcs- October or November break?

(6 Posts)
nothanksbyenow Thu 23-Jun-16 22:42:00

Just that really. October will have lighter evenings, November will be covered in Christmas. It would be a weekend break with myself, DH, 6yo, and a nearly 4yo. We've done the 'Christmas' before and it's really nice, but I wonder if we're missing out on slightly milder weather and more time outdoors. What would you choose?

Dogolphin Wed 29-Jun-16 10:20:53

I would go for October, but only because November seems early for Christmassy stuff.

Anonymousperson Fri 01-Jul-16 21:46:02

We did November & our DD was seriously obsessed with the singing plastic figurines whose arms moved and mouths opened, singing Christmas carols just inside the sports hall.

When it was chucking it down & we were 'waiting it out' it was a Godsend...so I would go back at that timeblush

Would you get fireworks if you went in Oct? I think they do a show one night a week?

nothanksbyenow Wed 06-Jul-16 20:44:30

Sorry I haven't been back, it disappeared from my 'I'm on' list so I assumed no one had replied! I'm technically useless, in my defence blush.
In the meantime we booked for August to break up the school holidays- only a long weekend as it's just too much money!
Still toying with the idea of going in November though, as some friends are going.
Dogolphin, that's what I thought too, I like to put Christmas off until at least the second week of December (fat sodding chance these days).

SisterViktorine Wed 06-Jul-16 20:50:02

I would say go Christmas. I love that we can go swimming at 4.30pm and it is dark- the lights and steam on the outdoor pool are great. The lights in the woods are nice too.

I like painting Christmas pots and throwing in the odd Chrsitmas craft activity.

We stay in the flats as you don't need a garden in December so that makes it a bit cheaper and you are very central so not walking miles in the cold.

nothanksbyenow Wed 06-Jul-16 20:55:15

Ooh good tip about the flats, thank you! Will bear that in mind when I next check out the November dates again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now