London this weekend

(5 Posts)
PiratePenguin Wed 22-Jun-16 20:09:57

We're taking our girls (8 and 6) to London this weekend; please can you recommend things to do and places to visit? We've done the obvious stuff in the past (e.g. Natural History museum and the like) and would welcome ideas of the types of places that are nor 'run of the mill'. Many thanks.

franksidebottom Wed 22-Jun-16 23:28:05

I always recommend sky garden, it's free but you do need to book and print out tickets online. Ripleys? Duck tour?

oldestmumaintheworld Wed 22-Jun-16 23:41:44

Go to the Tower on the number 15 bus (its the old fashioned routemaster with the open platform) walk across the road to St Katherines Dock, then over Tower Bridge and down the other side of the Thames to the Globe. Its a lovely walk and you see all the key sights of London but from a different angle. Or take the boat to Greenwich and see the Cutty Sark and the Maritime Museum and the Royal Observatory. Take the train to Hampton Court and get lost in the maze. Take the underground to Kew Gardens. Check out the Time out London and the Londonist web sites. They are always up to date. My children always liked the Horniman in South London and the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood which has amazing dolls houses. Have a lovely time.

PiratePenguin Thu 23-Jun-16 17:27:08

Thanks for the ideas - lots to think about (I just hope the weather bucks up!). Anyone know of any child based events happening this weekend?

franksidebottom Fri 24-Jun-16 13:01:59

There is an app called hoop that I have downloaded and it tells you of lots of events happening in london for kids give that a try they will have stuff for this weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now