Talk

Advanced search

Llandudno?

(16 Posts)
tryhard Sat 18-Jun-16 08:05:32

Trying to find somewhere to stay within walking distance of the beach for a toddler and 5 year old. Lots of lovely seafront hotels but not sure how child-friendly they are? Ideally would like a holiday camp type thing here there's a park etc but there doesn't seem to be anything like that in the area? Anyone been there?

PaintedDrivesAndPolishedGrass Sat 18-Jun-16 08:10:21

It's lovely if you are retired and happy with a walk around the shops, along the pier and promenade. Would I take little ones definitely not. Try Woolacombe or Ruda Bay in Devon.

Purplehonesty Sat 18-Jun-16 08:10:47

We used to go there every year to visit my Gran.
The beach is lovely and the Great Orm is good fun with its huge toboggan run.
So you won't be far from the Welsh mountain zoo either which is a fab
day out.
Can't help with hotels sorry as we never stayed in one. Avoid colwyn bay tho which used to be lovely but now really run down.

Dafadddu Sat 18-Jun-16 14:46:35

Does it have to be in Llandudno? Theres haven in Pwllheli and you could make a day ttip to Llandudno

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sun 19-Jun-16 23:42:41

There aren't any holiday camps in llandudno unfortunately but you'll find loads in Rhyl if you want to brave there.

Llandudno is a great place for a holiday with little ones though. Nice beach, pier, lovely park, Great Orme with the tram or cable cars, toboggan run etc.

We stay in a lovely hotel right on the front called the St. tudno. Very friendly and a perfect spot for the beach and pier.

jacanah Sun 19-Jun-16 23:55:34

I live in North Wales and have 2 small DC. Llandudno is great for a day trip but wouldn't spend a whole holiday. I would recommend trying Barmouth or Pwlleli, great beaches and lots to do with the kids.

jacanah Sun 19-Jun-16 23:58:04

Just remembered, Prestatyn has a holiday camp.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 20-Jun-16 00:00:21

It's my most favourite place in the world, which everyone mocks me for

UntilTheCowsComeHome Mon 20-Jun-16 00:02:16

So long as it's not The Pearl of Prestatyn with Pirate Pete and his purple parrot Percy grin

UntilTheCowsComeHome Mon 20-Jun-16 00:04:01

It's my most favourite place in the world, which everyone mocks me for

Same here.
We adore Llandudno, it's the perfect British seaside town.

If you do go op, don't forget to get fish and chips from Fish Tram Chips by the Tram station. Best chippy ever.

Gruffalosgrandma Mon 20-Jun-16 00:14:49

Can thoroughly recommend Pebble house in Llandudno, a seafront hotel. It's very reasonable and the owners are young parents.

Gruffalosgrandma Mon 20-Jun-16 00:17:28

There is also a premier inn at the little orme end.

NicknameUsed Mon 20-Jun-16 00:19:47

I really liked Llandudno. We had a holiday in North Wales when DD was 4 and stayed in a grim holiday park in Colwyn Bay. We visited loads of lovely places while we were there, and went to Llandudno on the last day. I remember wishing that we had booked to stay in Llandudno for the week.

All the Victorian hotels on the front reminded me of Brighton, which used to be my nearest seaside place when I was growing up.

pieceofpurplesky Mon 20-Jun-16 00:22:11

There is a brand new travel inn/lodge there too.
I live Llandudno -
Lots to do there and also a good base for touring around - only an hour to cheater zoo, Welsh mountain zoo, crabbing in Conwy. Snowden .,,

Peridotisinvalid Mon 20-Jun-16 16:27:01

I love Llandudno too. I have often walked from there to Conwy and back, which is a level and really beautiful walk. I miss it a lot as I live on the UK SE coast and donn't expect to visit Wales again. The Great Orme is one of my favourite places. I like walking round it from the West Shore to the North Shore.

lexloofah Mon 20-Jun-16 16:37:35

can't help on accommodation but went for the day recently and had a great time. Can recommend Love to Eat café though, had a great lunch there, good for kids too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now