Talk

Advanced search

London with a baby

(6 Posts)
Spudlet Sat 11-Jun-16 22:37:13

We are going to London for a wedding in a few weeks, not sure how best to get around. We need to take the pushchair so DS can nap (also, I don't want to wear the sling over my dress, although I'll take it with us!). We need to get from Liverpool Street to Southwark, then Southwark to Chiswick.

Do we try to Tube it, or just go straight for Uber / black cab... We're not the only guests with a baby and we're staying at the same hotel, so we could potentially share a taxi?

The day after the wedding our train doesn't leave until early afternoon, so any recommendations on things to do with a six month old on a Sunday morning? We can ditch the pushchair in the luggage room at the hotel and use the sling. I wondered about the South Bank, perhaps?

2ManySweets Sat 11-Jun-16 22:39:18

That's a bitch of a journey.

Über it. But personally I'd actually book with someone like Addison Lee and say you're bringing a little baby with you.

Spudlet Sat 11-Jun-16 22:44:21

I must admit, I looked at the tube map and quailed... We can use the travel system too so we'll have a car seat.

BertieBotts Sat 11-Jun-16 22:50:36

You can just roll a pushchair into the wheelchair space of a black cab. Obviously a car seat would be safer, though. But if in London driving slow speeds, perhaps not really worth it.

Sharing a taxi might be a good idea.

cestlavielife Mon 13-Jun-16 11:49:51

southwark tube has lift access as does westminster. so jubilee line southwark to westminster change to district... people will help you at turnham green for chiswick . check for london bridge tube if going to southwark cathedral
content.tfl.gov.uk/step-free-tube-guide-map.pdf

check citymapper app for buses from liverpool street to southwark.

but if in wedding finery then easiest surely to get a taxi black cab or uber . black cab easiest - roll in the pushchair. pushchair with small baby in is not a big issue easy and not too heavy to pick up and carry down /up stairs if needs be .

SquirmOfEels Mon 13-Jun-16 12:12:14

344 bus may well run close to where you want to be. It goes from outside Liverpool Street station and through various bits of Southwark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now