Talk

Advanced search

Recs for 5* self catering in UK please!

(7 Posts)
Chocwocdoodah Sat 11-Jun-16 12:07:57

Just returned from Retallack in Cornwall - it was amazing! Lovely beaches, swimming pool on site, private hot tub, beautiful accommodation....

Looking for something similar for summer hols. Don't mind Cornwall again but equally happy with somewhere else. Don't want a hotel, would prefer a lodge on some sort of resort with a kids' club or at least loads of stuff for kids to do. Up to about £2k a week. Realise I've left it quite last minute to book for summer hols but has anyone got any recommendations please?

No1HolidayPlanner Sat 11-Jun-16 13:06:39

Have a look at www.premiercottages.co.uk.. They are 4 and 5 star holiday cottagessmile

mummymeister Sat 11-Jun-16 15:33:55

I think realistically you have left it too late to find something five star for school summer hols since these places are rare and get booked up months and years in advance. £2K a week is just about right for school summer hols but you might find you have to push the budget.

I would search on the visitcornwall website first or go to visitengland and search by star rating . Cant do date searches on either of these sites so it will be a matter of going in and out of the main database. good luck.

Chocwocdoodah Sat 11-Jun-16 17:32:44

Thank you. What do you think is more realistic price-wise - 2.5k?

mummymeister Sun 12-Jun-16 11:30:35

I was thinking that you might be looking at around £3K but honestly I don't think you are going to find that much.

also be really aware that 5 * on some sites is not 5 * on others.

star ratings, true ones, are given by VisitEngland. its not trademarked so some other websites have, in very small print words like "self assessed 5 star"

Go on the websites suggested, find places you like then check with VisitEngland that they are properly accredited as a true 5 star and not a self assessed one.

Chocwocdoodah Sun 12-Jun-16 16:54:54

Yes I've noticed that some places rate themselves 5* which is really when you just want an honest and accurate assessment of how nice a resort/accommodation is. Thanks for the advice - will look on those sites.

MMMMMaria Tue 05-Jul-16 13:22:39

Hi we stayed in a gorgeous grade II listed cottage over Easter in West Wittering which is my fav beach in Englad. Loads to go for kids, theres the sailing club, stables, 2XS watersports, and a childrens summer camp that does tennis & water sports (can't remember details but google as should come up). The house is walking distance to the sandy beach, has a sunny garden, room to store bikes (2 adult bikes we could use), and near lots of places for day trips. We're in France or else I would have booked it againg for the summer! The site is www.snowhillproperties.com and pm me if you have any questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now