Place I visited years ago, can't remember what it is called.

(6 Posts)
Greebosmum Wed 01-Jun-16 14:58:23

As you can see I am looking for things to do in Norfolk next week.

Years ago I took the children a couple of times to a place that we always referred to as Norfolkland.

It was a sort of theme park but not many rides. The rides were old fairground rides from the fifties and possibly thirties I think.

There was a concert hall with a fabulous organ and a set of galloping horses.

There were dancing fountains, a saw mill, very old playground toys that aren't allowed these days like a big swing, a witches hat and one of those horses that lots of people can sit on.

There was a little village that had been built, big enough to go in the houses, shops etc but not full size.

The most spectacular thing was a Victorian ride, you sat on a bench in a room and the room moved while you sat still but you felt as though you were upside down. I am not explaining that very well.

I was just wondering if the place was still open? If it is, where is it and what is it called? Thanks for your help.

CMOTDibbler Wed 01-Jun-16 15:03:03

Thursford?

Greebosmum Wed 01-Jun-16 15:11:12

No definitely not Thursford, though that may be on the list of places to go as I have never been there. Thanks for the suggestion. Do you think we read the same books?

Greebosmum Wed 01-Jun-16 18:38:33

Oh, it was Fleggburgh Bygone Village. It was wonderful. It is closed. Is there anywhere in Norfolk that I want to visit that is still there? (sad face, don't know how to do it).

PrincessHairyMclary Wed 01-Jun-16 18:43:29

I live in Norfolk, Bewilderwood is lovely as is Wroxam Barns which has a petting zoo, small artisan and farm shops and a few rides as well as a park.

dotdotdotmustdash Sun 05-Jun-16 23:55:25

Great Yarmouth? I was there a few years ago and there was a funfair, it also appears to have a model village.

www.merrivalemodelvillage.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now