Talk

Advanced search

Coastal toddler friendly cottage ideas please!

(5 Posts)
StepfauxWife Thu 26-May-16 21:54:33

After a few days of aimless Googling, I'm no further in my search for a short break. I'm after some personal recommendations please.

Ideally we'd like to go somewhere on the coast a couple of hours' drive from London. A two bed place would be ample for me, DH and our two DDs (3 and 4 months).

It would be great to have somewhere all set up so we don't have to take loads with us. A small outdoor/ indoor play area would be ideal.

So if anyone has stayed in any gems, please feel free to share!

takethebiscuit Fri 27-May-16 11:29:31

Lots of really good toddler friendly cottages reviewed on this site www.kiddieholidays.co.uk/. Have you ever tried the Isle of Wight? Away Resorts are running toddler breaks there in June and you could stay in a luxury lodge, which are really roomy. It has the beach, pool, soft play and playgrounds. We enjoyed our stay there. www.awayresorts.co.uk/little-campers/ Hope you find something.

Mouthfulofquiz Fri 27-May-16 11:34:48

If you could face the drive, the headland cottages in Newquay are great for kids.

mummymeister Fri 27-May-16 12:31:42

was going to suggest HERE It is about a 4 hour drive away from London.

StepfauxWife Sat 28-May-16 19:48:52

Thanks for these suggestions. The Isle of Wight is a contender. I was also looking at Camber Sands and Rye - does anyone know of anywhere around there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now