Coastal toddler friendly cottage ideas please!

(5 Posts)
StepfauxWife Thu 26-May-16 21:54:33

After a few days of aimless Googling, I'm no further in my search for a short break. I'm after some personal recommendations please.

Ideally we'd like to go somewhere on the coast a couple of hours' drive from London. A two bed place would be ample for me, DH and our two DDs (3 and 4 months).

It would be great to have somewhere all set up so we don't have to take loads with us. A small outdoor/ indoor play area would be ideal.

So if anyone has stayed in any gems, please feel free to share!

OP’s posts: |
takethebiscuit Fri 27-May-16 11:29:31

Lots of really good toddler friendly cottages reviewed on this site www.kiddieholidays.co.uk/. Have you ever tried the Isle of Wight? Away Resorts are running toddler breaks there in June and you could stay in a luxury lodge, which are really roomy. It has the beach, pool, soft play and playgrounds. We enjoyed our stay there. www.awayresorts.co.uk/little-campers/ Hope you find something.

Mouthfulofquiz Fri 27-May-16 11:34:48

If you could face the drive, the headland cottages in Newquay are great for kids.

mummymeister Fri 27-May-16 12:31:42

was going to suggest HERE It is about a 4 hour drive away from London.

StepfauxWife Sat 28-May-16 19:48:52

Thanks for these suggestions. The Isle of Wight is a contender. I was also looking at Camber Sands and Rye - does anyone know of anywhere around there?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in