Talk

Advanced search

Manchester for 3 nights cheapest hotels?

(8 Posts)
kissmelittleass Thu 26-May-16 13:44:46

We are Flying in so don't want to be too far from the airport if poss. Would like a hotel either in the city or very near. We will be using buses so any advice would be very welcome on the best hotels and locations.

takethebiscuit Fri 27-May-16 11:34:00

Have you checked out Premier Inn? Hard to beat for value.

insancerre Fri 27-May-16 11:42:23

I llove the palace but could be pricey bless you get a good deal through late rooms
We have stayed in premier inn which is good value

Whatever you do, DO NOT stay in the Britannia hotel. Its awful, just awful.

kissmelittleass Fri 27-May-16 15:02:38

I will avoid The Brittania! Thanks! I am checking the Premier Inn site now, there is one in West Didsbury that is reasonable for the 3 nights. Would this be too far from the city?

iklboo Fri 27-May-16 15:06:09

Do NOT go to Sacha's.

iklboo Fri 27-May-16 15:07:23

West Didsbury is a bit out of the city. Salford Quays is pretty close with tram & bus routes but not sure on prices.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Fri 27-May-16 15:11:18

The one in West Didsbury is right on Princess Parkway, which is the main road to both the city centre and the airport so would be ideal. Bus stop right on the corner and tram stop a few minutes walk away. Takes around 15 mins on bus to get to town.

3catsandcounting Sat 28-May-16 00:24:00

If you want to be right in the centre, the Premier Inn close to the Cathedral is good. I've used it a few times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now